Canalworld pages loading very slowly on my Huawei Android tablet

PaulD

Featured Posts

Canalworld. works perfectly on my iphone and windows laptop. However pages load really slowly on my Huawei Android tablet.

Are the Chinese spying on me?

Tried reboots and clearing all history and cookies.

Only started doing this a few week ago. All other sites work OK.

Any ideas?

The Chinese are checking all c"anal"world posts as they offend public taste and decency as defined by the Chinese ruling elite. Chinese based servers consider all Western tastes to be subject to state censorship until proved not harmful to their People. 

HUAWEI is in no way part of the Chinese government system as they have released several press releases to inform us of this.

Hope this helps.?

• Haha 1

Narrowed it down to the Chrome browser on my tablet even though Chrome on my laptop works fine. Using Firefox browser on my tablet Canal World site works fine. Any suggestions for a setting change in Chrome that might make Canal World work would be appreciated.

Actually this all started when Mr Woo opened a Chinese restaurant up in the village. 

Narrowed it down further. It is only slow when using Chrome desktop site setting which I like as it is a reasonable size tablet and I can see the recent posts. Canalworld works OK on mobile setting.

Have cleared cache and cookies - no change. Strange - looks like a Chrome issue but doesn't affect any other sites that I use. Maybe a lot of data on the site.

Solution for now is to use Firefox for Canalworld. 

1 minute ago, PaulD said:

Narrowed it down further. It is only slow when using Chrome desktop site setting which I like as it is a reasonable size tablet and I can see the recent posts. Canalworld works OK on mobile setting.

Have cleared cache and cookies - no change. Strange - looks like a Chrome issue but doesn't affect any other sites that I use. Maybe a lot of data on the site.

Solution for now is to use Firefox for Canalworld. 

I'm using an Android tablet (Sony) with Chrome and this site has always been fine (as mobile suff goes) but lately the emoticon thing is taking an age to load. Maybe it's not your Wa Way sending all your posts to China - maybe it's something @RichM has been and gone and done? ;)