Record your exhaust note

jenevers

Featured Posts

Would be nice to hear a 30 second recording of members’ engines at the exhaust. My 4LW is quite ”breathy”, very different from another 4LW I’ve heard.

btw I was going to suggest this on the Vintage Engine Forum to invite other Engine Marques, but I could only “ Start a new Topic” in the Gardner section?

2 hours ago, jenevers said:

Would be nice to hear a 30 second recording of members’ engines at the exhaust. My 4LW is quite ”breathy”, very different from another 4LW I’ve heard.

btw I was going to suggest this on the Vintage Engine Forum to invite other Engine Marques, but I could only “ Start a new Topic” in the Gardner section?

The one time owner of my local pub used to bore the pants off customers by playing recordings of TT races and steam locos.

"This is Mike Hailwood on an MV four----vroooom."  "A Pacific 231---chuff chuff clatter clatter"

Some narrowboat engines sound interesting,the thud thud of a Lister,the slow beat of a Ruston,the rumble of a BMC, the vomiting sound of a wet exhaust.

I think the sound of various engines could be interesting to some.

If anyone wants to hear what my engine sounds like, they can always go and stand on a local building site or maybe a farmyard! :(  It's great at what it does (Beta 43), but the soundtrack doesn't inspire quite the feeling of the Gardner or other marques you're after @jenevers, so if you do get your idea off the ground I hope I'll be able to pop in for a listen too! :cheers: