Where is MtB?

mark99

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I thought MtB had been banned, and have wondered what it was he did that resulted in his ban?

Nope - not banned. There was a mix up with his account but that was all sorted and has nothing to do with his not posting anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I thought MtB had been banned, and have wondered what it was he did that resulted in his ban?

No, certainly not, his withdrawal from the forum was entirely voluntary. I think he mentioned in a thread that he was taking a break from CWDF for as long as he felt like doing so.

23 minutes ago, Athy said:

No, certainly not, his withdrawal from the forum was entirely voluntary. I think he mentioned in a thread that he was taking a break from CWDF for as long as he felt like doing so.

I am far from sure that is an accurate reflection of what happened. I recall that what was claimed to be a bit of accidental moderation was the final straw so, despite something of an apology he left.

2 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I am far from sure that is an accurate reflection of what happened. I recall that what was claimed to be a bit of accidental moderation was the final straw so, despite something of an apology he left.

Tony's usually right Athy, particularly when it comes to the domain of engineers - and by extension quite possibly heating engineers, and hence boilermen. ;)

5 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

He was given a couple of warning points, as it turned out in error and for which an apology was given but it was a bit of the straw that broke the camel's back, so he left.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, frahkn said:

I read it as Tony saying that he is very unsure that your post accurately described the position.

How else could it be interpreted?

See post below yours.

Though it appeared at first hat Tony was suggesting that I had not told the truth, he has now made it clear that this was not what he meant, and I accept his  explanation.

So, to answer your question, Frank, that's how. My post did indeed accurately describe the position (that MtB has taken a break voluntarily), without delving into any reasons which may have led to his decision.

25 minutes ago, Athy said:

See post below yours.

Though it appeared at first hat Tony was suggesting that I had not told the truth, he has now made it clear that this was not what he meant, and I accept his  explanation.

So, to answer your question, Frank, that's how. My post did indeed accurately describe the position (that MtB has taken a break voluntarily), without delving into any reasons which may have led to his decision.

If that's how you see it who am I to argue?