Where is MtB?

mark99

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

You'll be saying next that you dont need an ecofan.

Yes, welcome back Mike......you have been missed........a bit.

It was such a small bit that it was almost infinitesimal.  

2 hours ago, WotEver said:

And ‘Jason’ and ‘Shelly’ at the top of the windscreen. 

Wayne and Kylie surely.

No room now 'cos of dashcams.

9 hours ago, Tumshie said:

No I don't remember any of that - I did wonder what the afore mentioned tiger tail was for ?

Simple, you were supposed to have the tiger in the tank! That's why its not Tony, the petrol would soften your Frosties.

Delight this year, I can buy Kelloggs Frosties in the Philippines.

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 23:55, Mike the Boilerman said:

Right, typical boiler. Was working fine when I got there, so I mended it a bit. And left it, working fine.....

Money for old rope, this boiler fixing.

Except..... I didn't charge anything! ?

I may be a bit late in saying this but its good to have you back...………………………...☺️

Edited by Halsey

8 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

It was such a small bit that it was almost infinitesimal.  

And there's the grumpy old curmudgeon that we all know and love :giggles:

Simple, you were supposed to have the tiger in the tank!

Yeah I got there eventually :rolleyes: but I'm not as old as you lot so Iain had to explain :blush:

Delight this year, I can buy Kelloggs Frosties in the Philippines.

You still in warmer climes - you are coming back at some point, aren't you?...... it's much easier to make you grumpy if we're at least in the same time zone ?actually that's probbly not true :P:hug::giggles:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ok lemme get this straight....

You, as a boater who spends all his time either cruising every day or moored up on 240v hook-up, declare Lithium batteries pointless and a waste of time and effort. Yes? 

?

No. I declare that flas work perfectly well if you do a lot of cruising that keeps them topped up or indeed if on a shoreline. Most if not all boats are wired for them so spending time, effort and a considerable amount of money to change everything to lithiums is entirely pointless. If I were living aboard in one place without hook up then they will one day be a good idea when the kit is easily purchased off the shelf and fitted without so much messing about, cost and relocation of the batteries.

31 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

And there's the grumpy old curmudgeon that we all know and love :giggles:

Yeah I got there eventually :rolleyes: but I'm not as old as you lot so Iain had to explain :blush:

You still in warmer climes - you are coming back at some point, aren't you?...... it's much easier to make you grumpy if we're at least in the same time zone ?actually that's probbly not true :P:hug::giggles:

Don't give me that old LOVE line after what has been said about me!

Its good being 8 hours ahead of you all, I can cast my nasturtiums whilst you are asleep, then when you fall out of your pits and start having a go at me, its sunset, I have a beer and dinner so I don;t mind.

I would send you a pix of our fantastic sunsets but I can't be bothered.

Beware, Back local next month, and no more Mr nice guy.

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Most if not all boats are wired for them so spending time, effort and a considerable amount of money to change everything to lithiums is entirely pointless. If I were living aboard in one place without hook up then they will one day be a good idea when the kit is easily purchased off the shelf and fitted without so much messing about, cost and relocation of the batteries.

So do what I did. Dont change anything with the LA's. I just added the Lithiums and BMS. No relocation, no change to the LA and circuits. A lot of the messing about was at my own making. Once the 'how to do it' is sorted then others will be able to follow with not too much messing about. Give it another 6 months and I guess there will be a number of us who have put them in and ironed out all the issues. First impressions are that they go a long way to solving power problems.

Agree its a non issue if you are on shore power.

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

So do what I did. Dont change anything with the LA's. I just added the Lithiums and BMS. No relocation, no change to the LA and circuits. A lot of the messing about was at my own making. Once the 'how to do it' is sorted then others will be able to follow with not too much messing about. Give it another 6 months and I guess there will be a number of us who have put them in and ironed out all the issues. First impressions are that they go a long way to solving power problems.

Agree its a non issue if you are on shore power.

Hi Doc. Are yours in the engine bay out the back or do u have a space wasting boat with an engine room with your batteries in where your dining room should be?

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Hi Doc. Are yours in the engine bay out the back or do u have a space wasting boat with an engine room with your batteries in where your dining room should be?

Our 6 LA's are in the engine bay (cruiser stern), 3 on either side. I have put the Lithiums under the bed (at the back of the boat) - taken out a 'spare' porta poti (which we have never/will never use) that was just taking up space. 480Ahrs of Lifepo4's are less than half the size of LA's. It needed circa 4 metres of cable to connect into the LA circuit so some voltage drop but that is a benefit for managing over charging.

I will get rid of most of the LA's over time but they should last for 5 years+ (if not 10).

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Boater Sam said:

Thank you old warty Tumshie, sorry I almost missed your kind wishes ( is it kind to be hugged by a toad? ) I was eating my chicken adobo, 

Why do you not have a boat?

It is if you are a grump. Who knows, you may even turn into a a prince! :)

3 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

( is it kind to be hugged by a toad? )

:rolleyes: Am not a toad I'm a Tumshie.....

3 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Why do you not have a boat?

Tumshies have extremely short legs which makes getting on and off boats very difficult - I find that a fallen log makes for a good substitute and if I sit a stride and flap my feet very vigorously in the water I can get from one end of the Caley canal to the other in about a fortnight, 10 days if the wind is behind my little fat self (Tumshies are naturally very round you understand not actually fat :D)

But in all seriousness it's just down to the pennies - I don't yet have enough of them, and occasionally life gets in the way. Having said that friends have been very generous with offers to visit their boats, so it's not all doom and gloom. Thank you friends ? you know who you are. 

8 hours ago, Tumshie said:

:rolleyes: Am not a toad I'm a Tumshie.....

Ahem, do we have to go through all this AGAIN?!

Your selfie shows a "Common Ground Goblin", does it not? A creature well known for fibbing and cheating, and chasing and catching and eating small dogs. 

Consider yourself BUSTED!!!

:giggles:

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

"Common Ground Goblin"

???

A creature well known for fibbing and cheating, and chasing and catching and eating small dogs. 

?I does NOT do cheating or fibbering.        

:blush:   But I am little partial to small pets........     ?

Consider yourself BUSTED!!!

:P