Where is MtB?

mark99

Featured Posts

39 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Has anyone got his mobile <pm please> - I will text him.

Look at the "contact" page for his business page.....

https://www.miketheboilerman.com/

Edited by alan_fincher

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

.....but when you try you won't know if you don't get an answer if he never got your pm via email in the first place because his settings were different or in the event he has set a block on cwdf emails or if his router has gone west (or east).

You're right we don't, we should ask him. :D

Oh wait :huh:

9 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

.....but when you try you won't know if you don't get an answer if he never got your pm via email in the first place because his settings were different or in the event he has set a block on cwdf emails or if his router has gone west (or east).

I'm no "techie", but in my experience, if an e-mail cannot be delivered, it is sent back to me with a note saying that it was undeliverable.

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Now, I enjoyed Mike's contributions as much as anyone, but at what point does this get a bit weird...  6 pages maybe? ;)

Mr Sea Dog makes a good point 

But to be fair very few of those 6 page could be taken as a serious attempt to encourage Mike back - very of those pages could be misconstrued as anything serious actually. 

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Now, I enjoyed Mike's contributions as much as anyone, but at what point does this get a bit weird...  6 pages maybe? ;)

No you didn't. I'm a much bigger fan. I have all his records and a s̶i̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ signed poster in my engine room! 

Edited by rusty69

7 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Look at the "contact" page for his business page.....

https://www.miketheboilerman.com/

Alan's quite right Mike is perfectly googleable - That is his business website. 

If Mike wanted to be here I think he would be here - I'm not sure that cluttering up this works phone with non works texts and voicemail is something he might thank people for. 

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Interesting. I don' remember having done that - but I joined over ten years ago, so there's no reason for me to remember such details from so long ago.

You can change them anytime in the settings menu. Well, us mere mortals can anyway. I don't spose you mods can. 

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You can change them anytime in the settings menu. Well, us mere mortals can anyway. I don't spose you mods can. 

I can't see why not, but I'm not going to try. My service provider taught me years ago not to change anything pre-set in my computer, as it would usually lead to something going wrong.

5 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Good Morning - Lots of drivel last night. From the usual protagonists unfortunately.

Good Morning Sam :D I knew you'd show up at some point, though I'm a little concerned that you showed up at 4 in the morning. Yes there was much drivel last night and it was such fun, MtB would have loved it if he was here to join in but alas it wasn't meant to be however we got you instead, your wonderfully grumpy curmudgeonly self; not quite the same as MtB but....... you'll do. 

Important point, has anyone asked him if he wants to come back here?

Hardly that important cos I suspect you weren't the first to think of it ?

I understood he had a hissy fit and took his bat and ball off home of his own free will.

Over being wrongly accused of a misdemeanor? But full apologies were made.

Much as I love you dearly - yes I really do, that very grumpiness you exude is quite endearing - your understanding is not always as good as you think it is and you might be a teeeeeency bit behind the times with this one. 

Anyway, it's been fun chatting with you even if you can't see my posts - Have a hug (you know you love them really) :hug:

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Alan's quite right Mike is perfectly googleable - That is his business website. 

If Mike wanted to be here I think he would be here - I'm not sure that cluttering up this works phone with non works texts and voicemail is something he might thank people for. 

A very nice website,

MtB would be a very unusual person if he didn't have a look on here every so often

8 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Good Morning Sam :D I knew you'd show up at some point, though I'm a little concerned that you showed up at 4 in the morning

Boater Sam is sat in a bar in Indonesia or somewhere, sipping rhum. 

20 minutes ago, Athy said:

I can't see why not, but I'm not going to try. My service provider taught me years ago not to change anything pre-set in my computer, as it would usually lead to something going wrong.

lol @Athy

no further comment required in this instance, but it gave me a good giggle, ty. ?

Edited by LadyG
  • Haha 1

Just now, rusty69 said:

Oh thank goodness for that - that's quite impressive though, all that warming sun, beautiful surroundings and a stress free environment and he can still be a full blown stick-in-the-mud. GO SAM :D

19 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Good Morning Sam :D I knew you'd show up at some point, though I'm a little concerned that you showed up at 4 in the morning. Yes there was much drivel last night and it was such fun, MtB would have loved it if he was here to join in but alas it wasn't meant to be however we got you instead, your wonderfully grumpy curmudgeonly self; not quite the same as MtB but....... you'll do. 

Hardly that important cos I suspect you weren't the first to think of it ?

Much as I love you dearly - yes I really do, that very grumpiness you exude is quite endearing - your understanding is not always as good as you think it is and you might be a teeeeeency bit behind the times with this one. 

Anyway, it's been fun chatting with you even if you can't see my posts - Have a hug (you know you love them really) :hug:

4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Oh thank goodness for that - that's quite impressive though, all that warming sun, beautiful surroundings and a stress free environment and he can still be a full blown stick-in-the-mud. GO SAM :D

10 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Its the 'Pines as in Philippines guys.

Love the reactions, like shooting fish in a barrel.

The lengths that some folk will go to so that they can be ignored.

But I cheat and peek.

I'll find you a picture. sometime.

1 minute ago, Boater Sam said:

Love the reactions, like shooting fish in a barrel.

You love it - You're one of us and you know it :hug:

3 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

The lengths that some folk will go to so that they can be ignored.

Sure *wink wink* we won't tell 'em if you won't; I don't know the lengths some folks go to get a hug - you know you love them really. 

❤️:hug:❤️

• Love 1

11 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Q. How many ears does Mr spock have? 

A. Three. One on the left, one on the right.... And the final front ear.

Oh. This is where i came in this morning! 

Time for bed. Bong!............. 

Actually the joke is very old.

How many ears does Davy Crockett have?

3 ears

A left ear, a right ear........

And........

A wild front ear....

:)

Edited by Laurie.Booth

2 minutes ago, Laurie.Booth said:

3 ears

And........

A finale front ear....

Yeah, but his was a wild front ear.

Spocks was  pointy! That was my point:)

2 minutes ago, Laurie.Booth said:

3 ears

And........

A finale front ear....

No, no, get it right, it’s the wild front ear, as in king of. Some of us grew up listening to Uncle Max on Children’s Favourites.