Where is MtB?

mark99

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

I do indeed have a dirk and a scarlet sporran. I am not at home but will look for a photo.

Noooooooooooo. Please don't I don't think we are quite ready for that!

Good moaning!

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, F DRAYKE said:

No NO No No NEVER a PLUMBER, a Gas Boiler Installation Engineer or a Campanologist please.

No NO No No NEVER, not a campanologist.  Bellringers call themselves bellringers, never campanologists.  And its bellringing not campanology.

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

I'm not smelling anyone's dirk thankyou very much! Even if it was a Christmas party (no photocopier involved)

Sgian-dubh - and can we not mention your little incident with the photocopier, it's too much. 

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

and can we not mention your little incident with the photocopier, it's too much. 

:blush:

Just now, Dr Bob said:

Oh, that's right. Forgot that one. She's doing one for the duck at the moment. I'll remind her.

Wot colour you want?

Which foot?

My left foot.

(Also available as a paperback)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Mrs Bob is very good at knitting socks.

One day I'm going to knit a pair of socks that are actually a pair - I can never get the tension right and therefore they are always two different sizes. ? 

Not by much but enough. practice. 

• Happy 1

Just now, Tumshie said:

One day I'm going to knit a pair of socks that are actually a pair - I can never get the tension right and therefore they are always two different sizes. ? 

Not by much but enough. practice. 

That sounds very technical.I didn't know you needed to tension your socks.

I expect mrs Bob has a knitting machine. She has a reversing knob you know. Mrs Rusty is dead jealous.

That sounds very technical.I didn't know you needed to tension your socks.

I expect mrs Bob has a knitting machine. She has a reversing knob you know. Mrs Rusty is dead jealous.

Yup. If you pull your wool more when you make your stitches then those stitches will be tighter and smaller and if you keep that up then your sock will be smaller too. My first sock of the pair is usually the smaller of the two, but I don't do them often enough to keep in the swing of it. 

Just now, Tumshie said:

Yup. If you pull your wool more when you make your stitches then those stitches will be tighter and smaller and if you keep that up then your sock will be smaller too. My first sock of the pair is usually the smaller of the two, but I don't do them often enough to keep in the swing of it. 

Well.Its obvious what you need to do innit. Make three socks! Chuck the first one and you will have a perfect pear (see what I did there)?

Just now, Dr Bob said:

I'm not really a fan of pears. Much prefer apples.

If you're making an apple crumble or pie I highly recommend adding a pear to tone down the tartness of the apple. 

Well.Its obvious what you need to do innit. Make three socks! Chuck the first one and you will have a perfect pear (see what I did there)?

? Now that you say it it seems so obvious. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

If you're making an apple crumble or pie I highly recommend adding a pear to tone down the tartness of the apple. 

If you add a pear of socks to an apple pie it would not taste too good?

11 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I expect mrs Bob has a knitting machine.

Mrs Bob is a knitting machine!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

There is a recipe section,........................... I haven't had apple charlotte for years.

Edited by LadyG
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Mrs Bob's just read this and suggested the following:

For your socks use 2.25mm needles, circular or DPNs, 64 stitch count. Use fingering weight sock yarn. Regia is a good make.

Make sure when you turn the heel you reduce the di-lithium flow to 3.2225 cm3 per second and balance the plasma flow accurately.

That's prolly where you are going wrong.

• Haha 1