Weather in July

Pa Kettle

Featured Posts

23 hours ago, Tumshie said:

Welcome to the forum Pa Kettle

The weather here can vary but that would usually be our hight of summer time so it should at least be relatively warm and probably dry

but this might be clearer

Hang about, How can  Tumshie possibly comment on the weather in Warwickshire when she is living in the frozen north? I mean it is so so much colder up there. It's like summer to winter going up that far north in July!

btw Tumshie, we lived in Perth for 20 odd years (the real one by the way) and followed St Johnstone all over the country (and Europe).

• Happy 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Hang about, How can  Tumshie possibly comment on the weather in Warwickshire when she is living in the frozen north? I mean it is so so much colder up there. It's like summer to winter going up that far north in July!

btw Tumshie, we lived in Perth for 20 odd years (the real one by the way) and followed St Johnstone all over the country (and Europe).

I knew I likes you :D

I knew you lived in Scotland and have very good taste in whisky (It's hard to beat a good Bunnahabhain) but I did think you were a little south of Perth, I'm not sure why. ?

Edited by Tumshie
  • Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I knew I likes you :D

I knew you lived in Scotland and have very good taste in whisky (It's hard to beat a good Bunnahabhain) but I did think you were a little south of Perth, I'm not sure why. ?

Well actually it was Rumbling Bridge which is bit further south but Perth was our nearest 'big' town.  Loverly plaice.

Edited by Dr Bob

1 hour ago, JJPHG said:

Their summer is similar to our winter (assuming as most of us do - live near the coast and not out bush)

Your location  sounds like exactly the climate my wife would like to live in.

25 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

im in victoria its down the road a bit, and an expat expat on the way home. Cant stand the climate

Climate there (Melbourne) looks, on paper,  not unlike the UK except no frosts in winter and a bit hotter in the summer .  

It would be appreciated if you could say what you don't like about the climate 

on fire in the summer freezing in the winter.

dark in the winter.

from 2006 to 2009 we lived out of town. Coming home from work late for 5 weeks you could see fires getting nearer. It got to within 2 ks of us. All our valuables were ready to grab and we had essentials stored at work.

we sold up after the 2009 bushfires it became too stressful,   our 5  friends lost their homes and 19 people died within 15 mins of our house.

We moved into town and three years later drove past our old place, the paddock was on fire, embers from the open cut coal mine fire travelled 8 kms and set it alight. House survived.

im sitting in our camper( thats all we own here now) 2 weeks ago our old place was again on prepare to evacuate warning. The fires are still burning but controlled. I can smell smoke even now, even though we are a long way away.

Dont get me wrong i love victoria its a beautiful place, lovely cycling and walking, but after 2009 i would never live here full time again owning my own property, living in the country. I clung on til i could retire rather than try and work in the nhs .

Oh and melbourne is a dump unless you are super wealthy

5 hours ago, Pa Kettle said:

Thank you to one and all for your responses ranging from the entertaining to helpful!

I gather there is a strong bond among the narrow boating community if your banter is any indication.

We have in fact booked with Kate Boats (out of Warwick)  who we have found to be very helpful.

Thank you all again and safe boating to you all.

Derrick (Pa) and Sue (Ma) Kettle

Before we owned our own boat we hired from Kate Boats and did the Warwickshire Ring.  One advantage is that the boatyard is already located on the ring itself unlike some others where you have to travel to get on it. If time is short, this might help.  It’s a good route as you get a varied landscape from very rural to very industrial and a bit in between.

7 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

The weather needs to be good here in the first half of July!

https://agriculture.gouv.fr/le-mondial-de-tonte-de-moutons-se-tiendra-en-france-en-2019

?That's Brilliant - What's it say? :huh:

Something something New Zealanders something something hair cuts.........  :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Thank you ?

My pleasure, and apologies or sending a link in French at first.

July is usually hot and dry here, but a heavy storm, which does happen here, could make the place a tad muddy.

us local residents predict chaos, and more traffic and visitors than the town has seen since the Tour de France came through 2 years ago, and that was over in an hour. This will be weeks of building up , then 4 days of mayhem, then the clearing up. All in a place that calls itself a town but is really just a largish village. It will be good for a laugh, we hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Our weather is highly variable, so no one knows. February last year -10°C, this year 25°C.

& for the record I've been snowed on twice in July. 1 year at Skegness (the seaside) we got a bit of snow. Another year a bunch of us on our way to a motorbike rally we had a full on blizzard that came out of nowhere, yet once we got down into the valley all covered in snow everyone was walking around in shorts & T-shirts & it was stinking hot. In 2016 1 day in July after the 3 hottest days of the year, it was that cold I lit the fire, 7°C!

20180302_161126.jpg

DSC_0117.JPG

Edited by Ssscrudddy