Weather in July

Pa Kettle

Featured Posts

There is no such thing as bad weather for cruising, just the wrong clothes.

Just bear in mind, if you travel out for 9 hours a day in the sunshine, if it rains, you have 9 hours a day back in bad weather. Don't be too ambitious, just enjoy the experience, our canals are a bit different to those in Mandurrah (?) which we traversed in 2 hours during our last visit to Perth.

8 minutes ago, howardang said:

If you look at his details on the original posting (to the left under any avatar) it says he is from Perth, Australia.

Howard

And if you read post number 10 of this thread you'll see that the weren't at the time of my posting. 

I'm not so completely stupid that I couldn't work out how to read the location under his avatar if it was there in the first place ???

• Greenie 1

From my experience of Perth, I can understand Pa's question. In Perth's winter, its warm,(hot to us), in Spring, it's hot but windy, so cool to them. In summer its either hot or hotter, rain rarely comes into the equation, but when it does, it's not the gentle pitter patter we get, It's heavy, and causes flash floods (sounds familiar to here these days). It often comes as hail big as golf balls and damages cars. If you ever hire a car in W.A., ALWAYS take out the collision damage waiver; hail damage counts as your problem on a write off car.

I'm sure Pa will enjoy his cruise.

Where are you hiring from? We may be able to offer suggestions.

5 hours ago, Tumshie said:

And if you read post number 10 of this thread you'll see that the weren't at the time of my posting. 

I'm not so completely stupid that I couldn't work out how to read the location under his avatar if it was there in the first place ???

That's good to know.

Howard

• Angry 1

6 hours ago, Tumshie said:

I can confirm that the OP's location was not stated when he first posted.

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, system 4-50 said:

I forecast it will be hot with no rain and little wind. Be sure to bring sunhats, sunglasses, shorts, and sun cream.  There will definitely be no hurricanes...

Thats what Michael Fish thought!!

• Haha 2

Thank you to one and all for your responses ranging from the entertaining to helpful!

I gather there is a strong bond among the narrow boating community if your banter is any indication.

We have in fact booked with Kate Boats (out of Warwick)  who we have found to be very helpful.

Thank you all again and safe boating to you all.

Derrick (Pa) and Sue (Ma) Kettle

• Greenie 2

23 hours ago, Pa Kettle said:

HI all,

we are doing the Warwickshire ring late July early August. Any predictions on weather and chance of rain?

It's not really that much different to the weather in Perth that time of year.  The nights are a bit warmer in the UK but other than that as I say not much different  You might get a few 'hot' days (that's UK hot not Australia hot), but the thing you will notice if your not a regular visitor is the variability.  The other thing which I didn't realise growing up there but now notice on my trips back home is the wind and 'damp'.  Just pack your normal winter clothes and you'll be fine. 

This is the reason we tend to visit in the UK winter.  Their summer is similar to our winter (assuming as most of us do - live near the coast and not out bush) and personally I miss the cold, damp, drizzle and days of anticyclonic gloom.