Weather in July

Pa Kettle

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Pa Kettle said:

HI all,

we are doing the Warwickshire ring late July early August. Any predictions on weather and chance of rain?

Welcome to the forum Pa Kettle

The weather here can vary but that would usually be our hight of summer time so it should at least be relatively warm and probably dry

but this might be clearer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_the_United_Kingdom

E.T.A But always be prepared for rain

Edited by Tumshie

Just in case anyone may think that this is a wind-up, I should explain that Mr. Kettle is writing from Australia.

PK, I am not sure if you have visited these shores before, but the one thing you can predict about English weather is that it's unpredictable. Pack T-shirts, shorts, warm sweatshirts and rainwear!

Here is the weather forecast.

rain followed by sunshine and showers

wind snow sleet and hail.

when exactly we are not sure.

beware inappropriate fat boats on the oxford canal.

thank you for my salary.

warwickshire in july and august can be anything except ice and snow

Oh you are from australia

four seasons in one day, weather in warwickshire is like victoria in spring

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Just in case anyone may think that this is a wind-up, I should explain that Mr. Kettle is writing from Australia.

I did presume to assume that he might have been form somewhere other than here but it doesn't say on his profile page that he's from Aus, it doesn't in fact give any location......  So did you just give out privately stored personal information ???

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

I did presume to assume that he might have been form somewhere other than here but it doesn't say on his profile page that he's from Aus, it doesn't in fact give any location......  So did you just give out privately stored personal information ???

:D Very droll.

In fact, as PK says he comes from Perth, he's obviously Scottish.

Just now, Athy said:

:D Very droll.

In fact, as PK says he comes from Perth, he's obviously Scottish.

He did but that was after you mentioned the came from Aus. 

But all the best people come from Perth (I don't mind which one):D

Or, to quote the lyrics of a Flanders and Swann number:

A Song of the Weather

January brings the snow,
Makes your feet and fingers glow.
February's ice and sleet
Freeze the toes tight off your feet.
Welcome March with wintry wind
Would thou wert not so unkind!
April brings the sweet spring showers,
On and on for hours and hours.
Farmers fear unkindly May
Frost by night and hail by day.
June just rains and never stops
Thirty days and spoils the crops.
In July the sun is hot.
Is it shining? No, it's not.

August, cold and dank and wet,
Brings more rain than any yet.
Bleak September's mist and mud
Is enough to chill the blood.
Then October adds a gale,
Wind and slush and rain and hail.
Dark November brings the fog
Should not do it to a dog.
Freezing wet December, then...

...Bloody January again!

4 minutes ago, Pa Kettle said:

Just noticed your comment regarding Perth.  Not Perth Scotland  - Perth is also the capital of Western Australia.

Yes, we were joking. The next bit is serious:

Maximum temperatures at that time of year would tend to be around 70 to 75 F, night temperatures sometimes stay warm but other times they'll go down to around 50. You WILL get some rain unless it's an exceptional summer.

I see that you're going home just in time to miss the Ashes series - though the first test match will be in Birmingham (Warwickshire area) on August 1st to August 5th, so you may have time to witness England's victory.

Edited by Athy

6 minutes ago, Pa Kettle said:

Just noticed your comment regarding Perth.  Not Perth Scotland  - Perth is also the capital of Western Australia.

I think Athy was just playing with me because I commented on how he said you were from Aus. 

I live in Inverness now but 'my old stomping ground' is Perth in Scotland and we have a very gooey soft spot for Perth in Aus. 

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yes, we were joking

:D:hug:

Edited by Tumshie

If you meet me in a blind bridge on the warwickshire canals you may get more than a bit of banter!

seriously whatever the weather you will have great time. Main problem in july august is canals full of people from victoria escaping the stinking weather here.

in victoria in august you dont so much chuck another prawn on the barby as much as huddle round it for warmth. We had our first sub zero night only last week ( and then a 38 degree er)

1 hour ago, Pa Kettle said:

HI all,

we are doing the Warwickshire ring late July early August. Any predictions on weather and chance of rain?

Wait until a week before your holiday and than look at the weather forecast .

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Pa Kettle said:

HI all,

Dont worry about the weather!! Of far greater importance is that those weeks are smack bang in tie up and dont cruise weather known as SCHOOL HOLIDAYS :o School and Bank holidays are when its always best to remain alongside tied up securely.

17 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Wait until a week before your holiday and than look at the weather forecast .

Best advice so far.

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Dont worry about the weather!! Of far greater importance is that those weeks are smack bang in tie up and dont cruise weather known as SCHOOL HOLIDAYS :o School and Bank holidays are when its always best to remain alongside tied up securely.

Repetition always adds a bit of emphasis.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Repetition always adds a bit of emphasis.

:P Thats why I have left that other " certain thread " as everybody is just going round and round in circles!!

Edited by mrsmelly
  • Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

:P Thats why I have left that other " certain thread " as everybody is just going round and round in circles!!

Find out MrSmellys cruising plans and go the other way, you will have a precisely 158% better chance of sunshine.

1 hour ago, Tumshie said:

If you look at his details on the original posting (to the left under any avatar) it says he is from Perth, Australia.

Howard

• Angry 1