Cambridge trip - 23rd February - crew needed

Scholar Gypsy

Featured Posts

Apologies for the short notice. I am taking the boat along the Backs in Cambridge next weekend. You can only do this in the winter.

I have some spaces for extra crew. Please PM me if you are interested. 

Saturday 23rd February
RV at Jesus Lock Cambridge at 1000 or so (0842 train from Kings Cross would do nicely)

Lunch at 1200 (soup and bread etc).

1300-1800 optional bonus cruise back to Ely (passing Waterbeach station on the way). Lots of racing eights.

dsc_8840.jpg

15 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

Wow, that takes me back to the early '60's when I did a couple of swimming races along the 'Backs'. Don't remember the view in the photo though.

It's King's College. You can just see its most famous feature, the chapel, on the right.

44 minutes ago, Athy said:

It's King's College. You can just see its most famous feature, the chapel, on the right.

The chapel is the only decent part of Kings. The main building in the photo is the Old Court of Clare. I had the privilege of living there for a year. Had to go outside to get to the bath ...

3 minutes ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

The chapel is the only decent part of Kings. The main building in the photo is the Old Court of Clare. I had the privilege of living there for a year. Had to go outside to get to the bath ...

I stand corrected - so that's Clare College? I have been past it many times  (most recently a fortnight ago) but always thought it was King's. Thanks fo rthe information.

12 minutes ago, Athy said:

I stand corrected - so that's Clare College? I have been past it many times  (most recently a fortnight ago) but always thought it was King's. Thanks fo rthe information.

They keep sending me emails asking me to contribute to the £25m renovation programme ... I might manage a few of the Grade 1 listed roof tiles

https://www.clarealumni.com/pages/supporting-clare/old-court