Coffee and red wine combo

LadyG

Featured Posts

My weekly ration of red wine per week arrived last night, so I had the pizza in one hand and the Shiraz in t'other, poured a small glass of red, came back and topped it up to make it about half a bottle of red wine, unfortunately somehow it got mixed with my black coffee, so now I am trying to think of coq au vin with red wine/coffee gravy. I can't drink it, but I can't bring myself to pour it down the sink!

any other ideas?

Edited by LadyG

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

My weekly ration of red wine per week arrived last night, so I had the pizza in one hand and the Shiraz in t'other, poured a small glass of red, came back and topped it up to make it about half a bottle of red wine, unfortunately somehow it got mixed with my black coffee, so now I am trying to think of coq au vin with red wine/coffee gravy. I can't drink it, but I can't bring myself to pour it down the sink!

any other ideas?

Make a chilli and add a bit of dark chocolate too.

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

but I can't bring myself to pour it down the sink!

any other ideas?

Turns out there are quite a few recipes where you mix coffee and red wine - I just fed "red wine and coffee recipes" into DuckDuckGo and got sone rather yummy ideas. 

Coffee and red wine seems to be all the thing with beef so I see no reason why you can't adapt a coq au vin to a richer LadyG reinvention. 

Let's face it penicillin was found by accident and took the world by storm. 

I've got a steak in the fridge, had a wee piece for breakfast, so will keep the red wine and coffee in the fridge and do a Steak Josephine with baked potatoes on Friday, plenty of other things for a sauce, including a bar of dark choc with chilli!

j

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

any other ideas?

Arrange a visit to Specsavers ?

I've never tried Red Bull, as I don't like sugary type drinks and my voddie is best with tonic, ice and lemon., though I do a mean bloody mary.

In Scotland, Buckfast was very popular with alcoholics until the price changing laws of scotland kicked in,  I did buy a bottle once, it wasn't cheap, undrinkable, like warm Vimto, but made an excellent sauce. 

I kid myself that I am being "cordon bleu", but it's just an excuse to buy a nice bottle of wine, unfortunately the sulphites in wine don't do me any good, so I  just limit my intake.

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

There are sulphur free wines.  Domaine de l'Arjolle make one.  Wine Society £8.50.

N

Yes.and Lidl do one, but not ASDA, who deliver my essentials. The trouble with wine is that it is too "easy" to drink,  a whole bottle can evaporate in less than 24 hours,  but a bottle of whisky can last quite a bit longer, and really, overall I prefer spirits but my best stews / sauces all have a good splosh of beer/wine/cider in them.

Edited by LadyG

7 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The trouble with wine is that it is too "easy" to drink,  a whole bottle can evaporate in less than 24 hours,...

A couple of anchovies slipped into the bottle or a whelk on a cocktail stick in the glass (replace with a little umbrella for special occasions) will sort that little problem out for you. :cheers:

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

A couple of anchovies slipped into the bottle or a whelk on a cocktail stick in the glass (replace with a little umbrella for special occasions) will sort that little problem out for you. :cheers:

maybe just a plain garden worm?

50 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Just stick a Tequila m̶o̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ worm in it.

tw.jpg

I recognise that from my first year agriculture, it's not a worm, it's very like the larval stage of the chafer beetle

Edited by LadyG