Something not quite right.

Rickent

Featured Posts

Just over eight weeks ago I downgraded my licence to river only.

Direct debit came out for my bank for £69 which is the full amount for canal and river. Waited to see if next direct debit changed and lo and behold the full amount came out again. Gave licensing a call and a nice lady said she would look into it and get back to me, in the meantime out of the blue another direct debit came out of my bank the day after the phone call for £32 sothe river licence is costing me more than a canal and river licence. 

Rang them again and another nice lady told me that everything was sorted and I would be getting a refund of £116. I have no idea where this figure came from but hey no I will take the refund.

Then received an e mail saying that my final two direct debits would be for £55.

I received my refund today and it was for £4. 

Now if you take the extra £32 that was taken and divide it by 2 and add that to the two final payments of £55 that makes £71 minus the £4 refund divided by 2 and that makes the last two debits of £69 which is a saving of absolutely zilch. 

My melon is well and truly twisted.

9 hours ago, Rickent said:

Now if you take the extra £32 that was taken and divide it by 2 and add that to the two final payments of £55 that makes £71 minus the £4 refund divided by 2 and that makes the last two debits of £69 which is a saving of absolutely zilch. 

So is everyone else's now! :blink:

• Greenie 1

On 13/02/2019 at 22:43, Rickent said:

................Now if you take the extra £32 that was taken and divide it by 2 and add that to the two final payments of £55 that makes £71 minus the £4 refund divided by 2 and that makes the last two debits of £69 which is a saving of absolutely zilch. 

The answer is a lemon.................

Did they give you the required notice about the direct debit amounts? If not then speak to your bank and invoke the DD guarantee. Bank will refund all the incorrectly demanded DD amounts and argue the toss with cart whilst you count your shekels. You will have to pay the right amount eventually