Diesel Fuel pipe to Heritage Range

Maudesmaster

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Chewbacka said:

I can't see a reason why not, but all connections (including connections to join pipes if you are not using a single length) must be accessible for inspection.

I know it’s diesel not gas that we’re talking about but I wonder if an inspector would get sniffy at ‘unnecessary’ joints?

I too am fitting a Heritage stove (Uno+) & investigated this very situation. As already mentioned try to avoid unnecessary joints and make sure all joints can be inspected.

Also I was advised to take photos of the installation so you can easily answer any questions the examiner may have.

As it happens I ended up installing a separate Diesel tank under the spare bed. 

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

I know it’s diesel not gas that we’re talking about but I wonder if an inspector would get sniffy at ‘unnecessary’ joints?

I don’t think there is a specific requirement in the bss not to have unnecessary joints in a diesel feed pipe, so if he did question the number of joints ask him ‘where in the check list is it specified?’   

As an aside - when installing my gas gas system the pipe was not quite long enough to reach the cooker, so I joined the pipes with a nice isolating tap and even stuck a plate on the wall saying ‘isolator below’.  BSS guy commented that it was good to see a local isolator tap for the appliance even though it was not strictly required.

Edited by Chewbacka
  • Happy 2