1000w Spark Pure Sine Inverter

Jacobyte

Featured Posts

Hello, I recently bought an Inverter, my 1st one I have owned and the question I would like answered is how long until the fans turn on to cool down the inverter, I have it connected to one of my leisure battery I have for my boat and I plugged into it a led light strip and Usb cable to charge my small tablet, after just 10 mins of use, the fans turn on and run almost constantly even though the inverter is not even warm, is this normal for it to do this ? the reading it says on the inverter is 12.40 when the fan is running.

Any help or information would be appreciated

Thanks, Mike.

81wqbTVk-KL__SX355_.jpg

I wonder if it has the same internal workings as the Sterling inverter? I had problems with a Sterling sinewave inverter, with the fan coming on and refusing to turn off, and eventually Sterling said I'd found a software bug but they weren't going to fix it because most people didn't mind. 

13 minutes ago, Jacobyte said:

is this normal for it to do this ?

Who knows? It’s probably horribly inefficient at low loads and will therefore get hot (inefficiency = energy wasted as heat) so it doesn’t surprise me. Only the manufacturer can tell you for sure if it’s normal. 

The fact that the case doesn’t get warm suggests that the fan is doing its job. 

11 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Who knows? It’s probably horribly inefficient at low loads and will therefore get hot (inefficiency = energy wasted as heat) so it doesn’t surprise me. Only the manufacturer can tell you for sure if it’s normal. 

The fact that the case doesn’t get warm suggests that the fan is doing its job. 

I thought the fans would only come on when the inverter got warm and needed cooling and then run as normal until it required it cooling again, not be a constant running fan noise wasting power.

1 minute ago, Jacobyte said:

I thought the fans would only come on when the inverter got warm and needed cooling and then run as normal until it required it cooling again, not be a constant running fan noise wasting power.

A perfectly reasonable assumption. But perhaps it never gets cool inside? Or perhaps it’s faulty? Only the manufacturer can tell you. 

1 hour ago, Jacobyte said:

Hello, I recently bought an Inverter, my 1st one I have owned and the question I would like answered is how long until the fans turn on to cool down the inverter, I have it connected to one of my leisure battery I have for my boat and I plugged into it a led light strip and Usb cable to charge my small tablet, after just 10 mins of use, the fans turn on and run almost constantly even though the inverter is not even warm, is this normal for it to do this ? the reading it says on the inverter is 12.40 when the fan is running.

Any help or information would be appreciated

Thanks, Mike.

81wqbTVk-KL__SX355_.jpg

Hi

Are they a cheap inverter? I have found over the years that inverters are certainly one item that price plays a big part in. A Mastervolt inverter is often 5 or 10 times more expensive than some inverters of the same size but they are often ten times better. I have a good quality inverter on this boat and the fans very very rarely come on even under duress in very hot weather.

The Sterling one didn't measure temperature, the fans came on or turned off according to the amount of load, maybe this one does too? I suppose a bit of software is cheaper than a thermostat. Unfortunately the software bug in this area caused the fans to run when they shouldn't.

For £99.99(price obtained via Google image search) you are unlikely to have any sophisticated electronic circuitry. 

I had a cheapo invertor once and it got very, very hot. So much so that I junked it. I would think that the designer of your system has probably erred on the side of caution and designed it so that the fan runs a lot, far cheaper to do that than put in expensive circuitry. 

For the price I would suggest you may just have to live with it. Only real alternative is to lay out a lot more money. 

My victron multiplus 2500/120 is a different kettle of fish altogether, but  then again that cost over a grand and a half. 

Eta

Just found one place  selling your model online for £36.99 

https://www.cvsfcshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=145072

At that price I would not expect a very sophisticated product. 

Edited by reg

It was purchased on Ebay £120,  luckily can return it 14 day refund which I shall be doing, thanks to everyone who contributed about this topic/problem, in future will have to do more research before purchasing items, thanks bye :cheers:

• Greenie 1

14 hours ago, reg said:

The comments on that link state:

1. The fan is intermittent

2. The output is +- 115V - so you can't earth bond the neutral (without generating some smoke)

Edited by David Mack

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

The output is +- 115V - so you can't earth bond the neutral (without generating some smoke)

I read that however I don't take much notice of some of the reviews as ebay gather together reviews from similar products and list them all together on a buyes site, this gives the impression that the reviews shown are for that product purchased from that site.

One of the rules for reviewing a product on Ebay is that you review the product and not the seller this is done to allow the above practice to take place.

You will often find the same review on multiple sellers sites. In fact you can sometimes find the same review shown more than once on a site, this appears to be as a result of cross pollination. These ebay reviews are often then quoted on sites external to ebay, again to give an impression of user reviews on a site. 

All a bit of marketing slight of hand. 

Therefore, given the above, I suspect the review you quote does not really belong to the product being sold on that site, in fact its almost a certainty given the fact that the site does not provide a feature to review and rate items. 

8 minutes ago, reg said:

I read that however I don't take much notice of some of the reviews as ebay gather together reviews from similar products and list them all together on a buyes site, this gives the impression that the reviews shown are for that product purchased from that site.

One of the rules for reviewing a product on Ebay is that you review the product and not the seller this is done to allow the above practice to take place.

You will often find the same review on multiple sellers sites. In fact you can sometimes find the same review shown more than once on a site, this appears to be as a result of cross pollination. These ebay reviews are often then quoted on sites external to ebay, again to give an impression of user reviews on a site. 

All a bit of marketing slight of hand. 

Therefore, given the above, I suspect the review you quote does not really belong to the product being sold on that site, in fact its almost a certainty given the fact that the site does not provide a feature to review and rate items. 

The link I refer to is not ebay.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

The output is +- 115V - so you can't earth bond the neutral (without generating some smoke)

That’s fine, with caveats. You don’t need to link E&N on a CT inverter and any RCD will operate normally. But you DO need double pole switches on all 230V appliances and outlets. 

17 hours ago, Jacobyte said:

It was purchased on Ebay £120,  luckily can return it 14 day refund which I shall be doing, thanks to everyone who contributed about this topic/problem, in future will have to do more research before purchasing items, thanks bye :cheers:

Your returning it because the fan runs ? 

Does it power what you need it to ? Seems to me that’s it’s not a bad buy at that price 

6 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Does it power what you need it to ? Seems to me that’s it’s not a bad buy at that price 

seems daft to have an inverter on to run a LED strip and a tablet charger- a 12vDC spike suppressor would be a tenth of the cost and save any inverter losses.

30 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Tend to agree with this if you can live with  the fan noise and it otherwise does the job you want it to. Alternative, if you are going down the inverter route, is to spend a great deal more money for something that has an intermittent fan noise. 

4 hours ago, David Mack said:

The link I refer to is not ebay.

I do say in my post

". These ebay reviews are often then quoted on sites external to ebay, again to give an impression of user reviews on a site. " 

Edited by reg

19 hours ago, reg said:

RED HERRING WARNING

I WOULD IGNORE THIS  LINK I GAVE ABOVE EARLIER.

Something about the site didn't wring true so I did a bit more investigation, eventually came up with this

https://cvsfcshop.com.cutestat.com

Summary Net worth $8.9

Daily Income $0.15