Admaral NeLSON Braunston update

Mike E-W

Featured Posts

Nelsons got food back on and what a delight had dinner there Friday cod was wonderful met friends there Saturday for lunch had the Ham sandwich took  the option to swap chips for the home made tomato soup great idea . Fish finger sandwich for her who must be obeyed went down a treat . Another plus prices are down  always a BIG plus to a Yorkshire man.......Give it  try   

• Greenie 2

21 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Yeahbut.......

What about the beer?

Its a pub, not a restaurant!

I assume as Everards bought it that most of what's on offer will be Everards?

EDIT:

Actually, now I'm wondering if I'm remembering wrongly which brewery bought it?

Edited by alan_fincher

3 hours ago, Dave123 said:

Good news...hoping to stop there in May when I make it to Braunston!

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

That is 4 months away, there may be a new manager by then as lots only seem to do 6 months these days. :giggles:

What month do you think it is now then?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The RN cookery course is one of the hardest courses there is...

No-one has ever passed it! :ninja:

Yes it's very hard to cook on a Russell Newbery........

............. but on an air cooled Lister, on the other hand.............

8 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Yes it's very hard to cook on a Russell Newbery........

............. but on an air cooled Lister, on the other hand.............

Ah, you may be on to something there - we never seen anyone on Mastechef using a Paxman Ventura.

If you are in the area and like your real ales another Everard's pub that comes highly recommended is The Seven Stars in Rugby. It normally has up to 12 real ales on and a couple of real ciders - Oakham JHB and either Tiger or Old Original are usually available together with a number of regional real ales. It has won Rugby CAMRA pub of the year for the last few years. It doesn't do hot food except on Wednesday evenings which is Pie and a Pint night, but if you are lucky you may be able to get one the landlord's excellent home made scotch eggs. They go pretty quickly!

It's just over a mile's walk from the Brownsover Road moorings via the Tesco's Car Park and the footpath over the railway.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Nelson still allows dogs inside, we are going to go see what is like tomorrow?  The everards website points to the old web site from when the pub was privately owned, which is a bit bizarre, so there is no information on it at all.

20 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Clarkson used a Corvette V8

Nice idea!  One small suggestion: it may be best to choose a Chef who fancies himself as a bit of a petrol head rather than a petrol head who fancies himself as a chef. Or maybe just fancies himself... :)

At the Nelson at the moment and other than the beers, nothing seems to have changed, well I think they have put new doors on the toilets if that counts.

Very dog friendly, treats and water supplied, and lots of cooing over the dog.

Just realised they have wifi, I don't think they did before

Edited by john6767