kelvin k3 in a modern 63 foot tug

Jrtm

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

just seen an advert on Facebook for a 63 foot tug style narrowboat with a k3 in and i thought a k2 was overkill!

Not that unusual, there is a K3 in a shorter boat than that on the mooring immediately next to Flamingo's.  (It's a CTS boat).  It is deliberately under-propped, I think.

"Alnwick" owned by Graham, formerly of this forum (a RWD "Northwich Trader"), also had a K3.  I think several of that type have K3s.

You are right though- a bit excessive!

Edited by alan_fincher

10 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

just seen an advert on Facebook for a 63 foot tug style narrowboat with a k3 in and i thought a k2 was overkill!

I don't do "Twitbook" but if its the one I think it is built by Coutler?? its been for sale for ages - its big issue is draft.

Edited by Halsey

1 hour ago, Halsey said:

I don't do "Twitbook" but if its the one I think it is built by Coutler?? its been for sale for ages - its big issue is draft.

Not sure who will be able to see this if not actually signed up to FaceBook, but trying for those who can. (It's in a public group, so maybe).

it says it is sold........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/narrowboatsforsaleuk/permalink/870068796478533/

Edited by alan_fincher

3 hours ago, Halsey said:

It is the one I thought it was - not my cup of tea...………………………….

Edited by Halsey

With about 12 - 15 HP available at tick over (160 rpm) either a lot of power is going to waste at the top end (750 rpm) or it will be far too fast at idle, depending on the blades.

Slowing the idle too much soon upsets the big ends.

N