Another boat almost sunk.

Rickent

Featured Posts

20 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

The Soar is always up and down like a w****’s drawers.

Western France and Spain missed the pasting AFAIK.

I would not be comfortable leaving my boat for any length of time on The Soar, and if I had to it would be with very slack ropes.

Just now, Rickent said:

I would not be comfortable leaving my boat for any length of time on The Soar, and if I had to it would be with very slack ropes.

I agree, having seen the way it goes up and down. In the past I used boats on the Avon, the Kennet and the Thames but have avoided the Soar and the Trent, being a coward :)

3 hours ago, Rickent said:

Most of Europe got pasted.

Where is europe?

I luv the big and indeed the small rivers. keeps yer on yer toes innitt.

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

It floods??

?

Not if you moor in a lock ?

• Haha 2

Well done Rick for being the hero again. I do have some sympathy with the owners if they are there as a winter mooring as it is (or was last year) listed as a stable canal mooring. It very much isn't, there was almost 2ft of level change there. 

The ducks are dead friendly though... 

49 minutes ago, harrybsmith said:

The ducks are dead...………………...

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgery. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, Cuddles has passed away."

The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure?  "Yes, I am sure. The duck is dead," he replied. "How can you be so sure," she protested. "I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room, and returned a few moments later with a large black Labrador Retriever.  As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head. The vet patted the dog, took it out, and returned a few moments later with a beautiful cat.

The cat jumped up on the table and also sniffed delicately at the bird. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room. The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck." Then the vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman.

The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "£150", she cried, "£150 just to tell me my duck is dead" The vet shrugged. "I'm sorry. If you'd taken my word for it, the bill would have been £20, but what with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan

• Love 1
  • Haha 2