Painting my Roof

Featured Posts

I ams planning to paint the roof of my boat this summer, I intend to use International Interdeck applied by roller, but cannot get any decent information on which type of roller to use. As there are several types of roller available, I would welcome any advice from others who have successfully undertaken this task.

Just a cheap lambswool roller or 4" brush if you prefer and 2" brush for around the edges. Use primer then undercoat just as for normal gloss, you can apply it quite thickly, I used 2 coats.

This is by far the best way to treat a roof in my view, the mat finish hides the inevitable inaccuracies of a roof and the non slip finish is a safety feature for the occasional trip up there.

I've heard, but don't have experience of painting your boats roof a light gloss colour, only to wish you hadn't later.

The reason was because with it being shiny, it reflects the suns rays and ends up with you not being able to see where you're going on a sunny day.

Is this really as bad as I've heard people make it out to be?

Its not very bad, certainly not as bad as light colours.

- When where crusing, we put the white coachroof infront of the wheel, and thats prittys bad, but it was no better matt white then gloss white.

- Id choose a darkish matt paint (although the darker it is the hotter it geting in summer)

- I keep meaning to get a pair of polarising shades to see if they help with the white roof.

Daniel