Middlewich Lock 73 stoppage

The novice

Featured Posts

Just wondering if anyone knows if lock 73 will be open from 15 feb as stated on CRT website? Anyone in the vicinity who may know progress with work thus far as we are hoping to head through that way this week.

I have phoned CRT and no more info than what is on web.

New to boat life so thought Id ask here.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Pie Eater said:

I am not sure what work was programmed but all the gates were on and the workmen were in the lock when I went past midweek.

Notice Details
From Date:
2nd January 2019 at 08:00
To Date:
15th February 2019 at 16:00 inclusive
Type:
Navigation Closure
Reason:
Repair
Description:
Installation of new top gate and carry out repairs to the bottom gate to reduce leakage. Undertake repairs to masonry and pawl catches
Starts At:
Lock 73
Ends At:
Lock 73
Up Stream Winding Hole:
Below Kings lock 71
Down Stream Winding Hole:
North of Br 172, Middlewich

We only stopped for lunch to let Harnser catch up (they went shopping this morning) and it was just so nice relaxing on kelpie that we never got going again. Iain was however  industrious doing "enginey things" in the afternoon. A longer day is panned for tomorrow ?

Haggis 

47 minutes ago, haggis said:

We only stopped for lunch to let Harnser catch up (they went shopping this morning) and it was just so nice relaxing on kelpie that we never got going again. Iain was however  industrious doing "enginey things" in the afternoon. A longer day is panned for tomorrow ?

Haggis 

Is it ??