My big boat convered to electric drive

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Stilllearning said:

Or when the wind doesn’t blow?

A game my wife and I play when driving around is to see how many turbines are not turning on a windy day, it’s a surprisingly large number.

A local group near here got hold of a contract that a farmer had for turbines on his land, and two things stood out: firstly, the turbine company expressly forbade the farmer to let anyone see the contract, and secondly, at the end of the turbine’s useful life, cost of removal was down to the landowner.

They installed two turbines in the village next to ours, they feed electricity to the substation in the village the other side of ours so the cables pass my front door underground, those two turbines were turning before they even started digging the trenches for the cables, they were available for use so getting paid, the fact the grid couldn't take it didn't come into the equation.  https://www.thriverenewables.co.uk/projects/kessingland-wind-farm/

• 6 months later...