Boiler

Featured Posts

They are far too big an output unless you have a huge fat boat. You may have great problems fitting the flue assembly in a steel hull, the tumblehome will allow rain water in, and it will stick out a long way.

Not a practical idea, the gas consumption will be massive, expensive on bottled gas, why do you think it is a good idea?

Was just exploring all the possibilities got a morco on the boat at the min flow rate rubbish take your point about gas usage that was my concern I know you can alter the gas rating quite low on domestic boilers 

probably gonna go down the diesel heater with cylinder and run the cold water through a accumulator to bump up the pressure unless you’ve got any other ideas 

thanks for your feedback Sam looking forward to hearing what you think about alternatives 

Adam 

Despite the other disadvantages already mentioned, a combi  requires an uprated cold water flow and pressure than you can easily get on a boat.

There are other multipoint heaters you can use that give better output than the morco, and there are good reasons for separating your heating and hot water systems.

3 hours ago, Adamwalker64 said:

Was just exploring all the possibilities got a morco on the boat at the min flow rate rubbish take your point about gas usage that was my concern I know you can alter the gas rating quite low on domestic boilers 

probably gonna go down the diesel heater with cylinder and run the cold water through a accumulator to bump up the pressure unless you’ve got any other ideas 

thanks for your feedback Sam looking forward to hearing what you think about alternatives 

Adam 

I'm a little confused as to how you expect an accumulator to "bump up" the water pressure. Smooth out the flow, yes