Sig Marine Diesel Heaters

DavidPeckham

Featured Posts

Hi all, anyone have any experience of these?  https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB833GB833&biw=1536&bih=754&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=LClcXI6_DvSf1fAPlsin8A8&q=force+ten+diesel+heater+boat&oq=force+ten+diesel+heater+boat&gs_l=img.3...52274.54347..55051...0.0..0.45.187.5......0....1..gws-wiz-img.MJRyryls9Cw#imgrc=_dQaJ4aCPnBeAM:

Been using for a few years, all Ok but output could be better - have occasionally got it going really well but mostly it just takes the edge off as opposed to really heating the place up (I have a 33ft NB) Wondering if this is just how it is or if it's worth fitting a diesel pump (currently gravity-fed) seems to use a lot less fuel than the manual suggests (this is guessed at from looking in the tank after a few months usage). Cheers for any help.

Brian

7 minutes ago, DavidPeckham said:

Hi all, anyone have any experience of these?  https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB833GB833&biw=1536&bih=754&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=LClcXI6_DvSf1fAPlsin8A8&q=force+ten+diesel+heater+boat&oq=force+ten+diesel+heater+boat&gs_l=img.3...52274.54347..55051...0.0..0.45.187.5......0....1..gws-wiz-img.MJRyryls9Cw#imgrc=_dQaJ4aCPnBeAM:

Been using for a few years, all Ok but output could be better - have occasionally got it going really well but mostly it just takes the edge off as opposed to really heating the place up (I have a 33ft NB) Wondering if this is just how it is or if it's worth fitting a diesel pump (currently gravity-fed) seems to use a lot less fuel than the manual suggests (this is guessed at from looking in the tank after a few months usage). Cheers for any help.

Brian

If it is using much less fuel than the manual states I'd suggest you have a problem.

You cannot get heat without using fuel, and if it is not using much fuel then it won't be putting out much heat (laws of Physics)

Maybe have it serviced and see how it then performs.

If it is the '100' model then it is about 4Kw which is relatively low compared with many solid fuel stoves - but we had a 3.5Kw solid fuel stove on our 30 foot NB and that could get it hotter than we could bear.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If it is using much less fuel than the manual states I'd suggest you have a problem.

You cannot get heat without using fuel, and if it is not using much fuel then it won't be putting out much heat (laws of Physics)

Maybe have it serviced and see how it then performs.

If it is the '100' model then it is about 4Kw which is relatively low compared with many solid fuel stoves - but we had a 3.5Kw solid fuel stove on our 30 foot NB and that could get it hotter than we could bear.

laws of Chemistry?

Had one on Parglena for the rear cabin. It was great, took me a while to learn how it works as it runs with a yellow flame rather than the blue of a Kabola Old Dutch.  I didn't have the balanced flue so it was sensitive to drafts from open cabin doors. Warmed my cabin fine but they normally run at about 2kw, 3kw flat out so may struggle with a 33ft boat. Great little heater.

Edited by Loddon

Cheers all,  maybe it's at it's capacity and is working as it should but the low fuel consumption I'll look into further. Should've mentioned, it's got an in-line filter that I've never changed - looks like an easy job but would there be any issues with air in the system when changing? (sorry, extra questions!)

8 hours ago, DavidPeckham said:

Brian

If you have managed to get it going well sometimes it could well be a clogged fuel filter. Should be an easy replacement, gravity should refill it, first light might be a bit difficult but should be ok after that.