Thetford C200 Loo. Any good deals.

canals are us?

Featured Posts

I'm in need of replacing my C200 Loo, as well past it's best, faded and leaking! All seals needed and on cassettes.

I found a caravan supplier with the cold water flush and it was £380 but ideally want a spare cassette as well. Has anyone found any good offers or recommended suppliers? 

Anyone have this version? Any better alternatives? https://www.jacksonsleisure.com/caravan-motorhome/toilets/cassette-toilets/thetford-c223cs-caravan-motorhome-cassette-toilet/

Many thanks. James.

Edited by canals are us?

I think all the seals are replaceable. I replaced a couple on my cassettes using a YouTube video for guidance. So you could probably give it a new lease of life if you wanted to. Where are your cassettes leaking? Mine were the seals where the poop goes in. Easily sourced, and easily replaced.

However, if it’s faded and looks bad, and you have the money, then the 223 looks like the updated version of the 200, so probably just as good. I wonder if the cassettes are the same. 

Edited by Richard10002

5 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I think all the seals are replaceable. I replaced a couple on my cassettes using a YouTube video for guidance. So you could probably give it a new lease of life if you wanted to. Where are your cassettes leaking? Mine were the seals where the poop goes in. Easily sourced, and easily replaced.

However, if it’s faded and looks bad, and you have the money, then the 223 looks like the updated version of the 200, so probably just as good. I wonder if the cassettes are the same. 

I thought about buying the seals and re-furbishing them but the plastic is scratched and faded. Toilet seal to tank failed and pressure release on cassettes leaking and generally shabby. Probably bought from late 99-2002. I bet the cassettes are different! If so I'll give the old cassettes away! 

Thanks. James.

Oooh, you've hit a nerve here. No, the new cassettes are not the same. They have been "improved" with small plastic wheels that last about one trip along a tow-path but reduce the capacity of the cassette. They have a flimsy tow handle that will not support a 15Kg load and cost twice as much. Each one comes with a free toilet seat and 500ml of cassette cleaner (not the additive).

I should think you could auction your old C200 s which are no longer available.

39 minutes ago, nikvah said:

Oooh, you've hit a nerve here. No, the new cassettes are not the same. They have been "improved" with small plastic wheels that last about one trip along a tow-path but reduce the capacity of the cassette. They have a flimsy tow handle that will not support a 15Kg load and cost twice as much. Each one comes with a free toilet seat and 500ml of cassette cleaner (not the additive).

I should think you could auction your old C200 s which are no longer available.

Better look after my existing set up then :)

My boat came with a C200 and I have replaced the main seal. But when it finally wears out I wont buy another I will buy one of the larger Potta Pottys, the capacity is greater and the floor profile is a bit smaller, a consideration on a smaller boat as mine is. The C200 is also connected directly to the main boat water supply so it uses water from the that whereas the Porta Potty has it's own supply again a consideration on a smaller boat.  Oh and the cassettes for the C200 and the newer one are not interchangeable. Why on earth would Thetford even think of doing that, they would lose money on their already overpriced products.