has anyone ever put both types of toilet in one bathroom!?

sooty

Featured Posts

Moving onto a 3rd sailaway fitout and have the usual 'cassette v pumpout' decision ?

We moor in a marina with a pumpout facillity ( but we get iced in occasionally) and usually go out and about for a couple of month with very few pumpout places available.

Was looking at having both a pumpout  AND cassette toilet.

It dawned on me I have room to do this is by putting two toilets in the SAME BATHROOM !

Has anyone ever done this or seen it done ??

Cheers

29 minutes ago, sooty said:

Moving onto a 3rd sailaway fitout and have the usual 'cassette v pumpout' decision ?

We moor in a marina with a pumpout facillity ( but we get iced in occasionally) and usually go out and about for a couple of month with very few pumpout places available.

It dawned on me I have room to do this is by putting two toilets in the SAME BATHROOM !

Cheers

I have not seen both in the one compartment although many boats have one pumpout and one cassette toilet including one I sold in december. We have a macerator bog on this boat but also a sensible porta bog in the same bathroom as its a sensible size and can accomodate both. We use the porta bog when moored up for the winter and the stoopid macerator when on the move.

Absolutely no reason why you cannot have a pump out and a Porta Potty in the same place even if it is the john. Far better though to store the cassette bog when it's not in use somewhere else if you can so that you have more room to swing the towel in the bathroom.

12 minutes ago, pete.i said:

Absolutely no reason why you cannot have a pump out and a Porta Potty in the same place even if it is the john. Far better though to store the cassette bog when it's not in use somewhere else if you can so that you have more room to swing the towel in the bathroom.

That is what we do, the PP is clean and dry, stored in the engine room, I am considering dumping it and getting a Popaloo, we have used the PP twice in 16 years.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, sooty said:

Cheers

Purchased my boat with dump through pump out which was what I was looking for, and they'd also left a portapotti in the bathroom. Was thinking I might get rid of the portapotti, but after a few weeks living on board decided it was an invaluable addition and didn't really take up any room I'd be using for anything else. 

I have a Thetford Cassette loo that came with the boat. 3 cassettes now mean I need to be really disorganised to end up with no room for any more poop. As soon as one is full, I’m looking for an opportunity to empty it. If 2 get full, I’m under pressure to empty them, so I do.... come rain or shine.

WE have TWO loos on our boat and it's only a 60 ft NB

The larger bathroom has a bath / shower, large china wash basin and a large bowled pump out from that nice Mr. Coburn. I has a proper wooden loo seat with One's family escutcheon painted on the top. The Management would have nothing else (expect, perhaps, the shield which was a surprise..

I have to make do with a standard pumpout loo in the rear 'washroom'. Such is life....  

We can both door our evacuations at once - if desired - and with two tanks have a much larger umm - range

Edited by OldGoat