Suitable for the canal?

Mud_pirate

Featured Posts

On 06/02/2019 at 09:27, Naughty Cal said:

There is no reason in practice that boat cant be used on the inland waterways.

Just bear in mind that inland boating is a far more leisurely pass time then what you might be used too and the distances travelled are far shorter.

You might benefit from having the option for short overnight stays which that boat won't really offer in any great comfort.

How expectations have changed in the 60's BW had plywood cruiser s of similar size used as hire boats Water Baby? class

On 07/02/2019 at 19:11, Mud_pirate said:

Thank you, I am looking forward to getting stuck in to it I must admit!

I am rather fond of the old seagulls, maybe my 40 plus could get a promotion from auxiliary to the big show!

We have a 40 plus somewhere, I think my son has it right now. Lovely old thing with an amazing ability to be easily coaxed into life after several years of abandonment. I love 'em. Only downsides are no neutral or reverse, which some small outboards have, and the style of prop can be hard work on weeded inland waterways. Oh and then there is the blue smoke and loads of oil in the petrol... Still love 'em though :)

So I bought the boat! Was in better shape than I was expecting, the floor just needs relaying and a good overall clean up she should be good to go! He even let me have another old seagull 40 plus I spotted in his shed ? although it's seized solid I'll soon see to that! 

IMG_20190210_194136.jpg

IMG_20190210_200816.jpg

• Greenie 1

51 minutes ago, Mud_pirate said:

So I bought the boat! Was in better shape than I was expecting, the floor just needs relaying and a good overall clean up she should be good to go! He even let me have another old seagull 40 plus I spotted in his shed ? although it's seized solid I'll soon see to that! 

IMG_20190210_194136.jpg

IMG_20190210_200816.jpg

Great stuff. Hope to see how you progress.