Three unlimited data, minutes & texts £20

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

• 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Sorry there is nothing selected.

Arghhh. The link keeps changing. Think it was 16 quid a month for a years contract unlimited everything.

Advertised here

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/three-sim-only-plan-unlimited-data-unlimited-minutes-unlimited-texts-3397071

Edited by rusty69

22 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Mine certainly did - my existing contract at £20 finished last week, so I have just signed up for a new £16 one.  Thanks for reminding me!

Can you just call up and switch to the £16 one keeping you phone number?

2 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Can you just call up and switch to the £16 one keeping you phone number?

I think it's an exclusive online deal, so I didn't try.  I just told them to issue me a new phone number and I'll port my existing one to it after I get the SIM.

Edited by TheBiscuits
formatting

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

I think it's an exclusive online deal, so I didn't try.  I just told them to issue me a new phone number and I'll port my existing one to it after I get the SIM.

I will try calling tomorrow and see if they will switch me, I am on the £20 one and my contract has been up for a bit.

Walked into a three store at the weekend.

Got an unlimited deal for £9 a month for 6 months then £18 pound a month after.

As a 'new customer'.

Store's can be better than online when you can ummm and arrrrr for a bit so they find a better deal magically :)

14 minutes ago, Canal321 said:

Just renewed mine today, got £100 cash back offer through 'top cash back' for a 12 month contract. Works out just less than £10 a month for unlimited everything. 

damnit :) Thought we'd 'Done Good'

For the first time ever this month I've run out of the 60GB allowance on my EE contract, (£24 a month) so I'm going to call them today and threaten to jump ship to 3 unless they increase the data and possibly reduce the price. I'll see how I get on. As a matter of interest, if I do go to 3, how's coverage over the system compared to EE, which we find to be usable everywhere?

MP.

19 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

For the first time ever this month I've run out of the 60GB allowance on my EE contract, (£24 a month) so I'm going to call them today and threaten to jump ship to 3 unless they increase the data and possibly reduce the price. I'll see how I get on. As a matter of interest, if I do go to 3, how's coverage over the system compared to EE, which we find to be usable everywhere?

MP.

I've never had a problem with 3's coverage (but their customer service is appalling), except in the valley of the 19th century (Lower Heyford), having been most places except Birmingham and Lancaster.  They've got an offer on a 2year sim-only contract ATM (£10 for 6 months, then £20).

48 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

MP.

My wife is on EE and occasionally she has service when there is none on Three, but usually it is just 2G on EE, which is course Three does not support, it is 3G/4G or nothing.

Result of my phone call to EE was an increase in data to 100GB with a small increase in monthly cost to £27. 12 month contract. I was very tempted to try three, but didn't because of the cost/hassle factor of swapping when I'm not in a position to get a three SIM delivered. I've made a note in the diary to look again and get organised in plenty of time next year when this contract expires.

Interestingly, the only way they could get this deal was to sell me a phone SIM. It looks like the ability to to sell "data" SIMs at higher price is rapidly disappearing. Coupled with the fact talk minutes are approaching zero value now - even the cheapest Giffgaff PAYG deal includes unlimited minutes - suggests that the market is going to undergo a simplification and just be sold on the cost per GB of data. 

My contract month expires tomorrow night and the change of deal has reset the counter so I've gone from having almost no data left, to having 100GB to use before midnight tomorrow :)

MP.

3 hours ago, john6767 said:

My wife is on EE and occasionally she has service when there is none on Three, but usually it is just 2G on EE, which is course Three does not support, it is 3G/4G or nothing.

I have our router set to use 4G exclusively. These days 3G is invariably overloaded so even a weak 4G signal is better than a string 3G one.

MP.

12 hours ago, 65ftnb said:

Walked into a three store at the weekend.

Got an unlimited deal for £9 a month for 6 months then £18 pound a month after.

As a 'new customer'.

Store's can be better than online when you can ummm and arrrrr for a bit so they find a better deal magically :)

Umming, ahhing, turning your nose up, being terribly disappointed etc can turn up great deals. I’ve been on unlimited everything for £8/month for over 2 years now. 

On 30/01/2020 at 22:50, TheBiscuits said:

Let us know how it goes.  It's certainly simpler than the way I did it if it works!

I guess my brain was not engaged here, £16 a month works out the same as the £10 for 6 months and then £20 a month, over the 24 month term. 

18 hours ago, WotEver said:

Umming, ahhing, turning your nose up, being terribly disappointed etc can turn up great deals. I’ve been on unlimited everything for £8/month for over 2 years now. 

£8 a month, you win the internet with that one ?

23 hours ago, WotEver said:

I agree on the umm'ing and ahh'ing working sometimes. However, there are also occasions where you might walk out of the shop, without a deal, wondering what to do next :)

11 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I agree on the umm'ing and ahh'ing working sometimes. However, there are also occasions where you might walk out of the shop, without a deal, wondering what to do next :)

What you do then is walk into the O2 shop next door...