TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

16 hours ago, LadyG said:

Ok. 

I don't need a mobile phone.

Iam turning off landline.

I thought I'd buy a EE router pack at £40 pcm

?

Given that you are going to use this as your home broadband, and not on a boat, get the Three Homefi Unlimited Data package for £22 per month.

If You move onto a boat, the Homefi router can be powered from your 12v supply with a DC/DC ADAPTER.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Huawei/HomeFi?memory=0&colour=Black

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Given that you are going to use this as your home broadband, and not on a boat, get the Three Homefi Unlimited Data package for £22 per month.

If You move onto a boat, the Homefi router can be powered from your 12v supply with a DC/DC ADAPTER.

Maybe she's gonna use it in her newly bought camper van. ?

• Happy 1

18 hours ago, john6767 said:

Just another one on the Three thing, you may well fine poor service when you are moored for the Boat above Stockton.  These are some of the worst areas for Three that I have found anywhere, honest!

Nah, moored there now and a 3 bar signal plus the one in the pub makes 4.

Ok, a bit lower than yesterday but still working fine.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Which is exactly what I have done, one important thing is to check which provider gives the best service in your location before committing.

5 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Which is exactly what I have done, one important thing is to check which provider gives the best service in your location before committing.

Agreed... I have actually put the Sim in a mifi gizmo that I already had. It has two aerial connections built in and I also have the aerial.

I don’t need it on the edge of Manchester but, when I head off to Dunham, and lift out at Hesfords for a few weeks, the aerial is a godsend.

• 3 weeks later...

My internet on THREE is great, I did a pack with EE, its a recurring pack but I ran out of minutes.

I renewed, I have 25 mins credit but I can't call out

insuffiient credit.

the help  is useless,

I can't find any help, HELP 

9 hours ago, LadyG said:

My internet on THREE is great, I did a pack with EE, its a recurring pack but I ran out of minutes.

I renewed, I have 25 mins credit but I can't call out

insuffiient credit.

the help  is useless,

I can't find any help, HELP 

BUMP  EE 250 min credit was bought but I can't phone anyone

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

Have you Googled for the correct settings to use on EE with your particular type of phone?

it's the same phone i ve had for years, and the first pack worked, well it was supposed to be 250 minute, i'm not convinced, it was on auto renew, but I took an "immediate " pack for my second pack, it shows on one text i have 250 mins, but i cant actually use the phone to call anyone .... credit i  s5p

On 05/05/2019 at 19:39, LadyG said:

Ok. 

I don't need a mobile phone.

Iam turning off landline.

I thought I'd buy a EE router pack at £40 pcm

?

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

BUMP  EE 250 min credit was bought but I can't phone anyone

Make you mind up! 

;)

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I have just connected a push button landline type phone to the phone input of my Huawei B525s. It's actually branded with a T logo on the front. Anyway, all I WAS getting was the engaged tone......

EDIT: - Then I put the sim in ;) IT DOES WORK!!!

Edited by Johny London

5 hours ago, Johny London said:

I have just connected a push button landline type phone to the phone input of my Huawei B525s. It's actually branded with a T logo on the front. Anyway, all I WAS getting was the engaged tone......

EDIT: - Then I put the sim in ;) IT DOES WORK!!!

The trouble is that I now almost exclusively use the free phone minutes on the router. My mobile is on PAYG with auto top up every three months, I now have a fortune in unused credits on the mobile.

I think this is SO good every boater should have it! I enjoyed using my retro style phone yesterday, making calls from out on the deck as I have a longish wire - it's the wired connection that makes it fun but also I found the call quality a lot better (no efr on the old style phone) and ones head isn't next to the transmitter which can't be a bad thing!

I've got unlimited minutes on my mobile too (only £9) so I just don't have to worry.

Awesome.

I see the Huawei router uses just under 0.5a per hour, not too bad. I turn it off at night.

Edited by Johny London

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

I have a three Miri dongle. Unlocked. I'm on 40 go data only. 

It seems that the three unlimited data only offer is no longer. Hopefully I'm incorrect. Anyone know more on this?

Looking at their site, they're still offering unlimited on phone sims, which can now be used in dongles.  Certainly mine isn't objecting these days, unlike previously....

31 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Ahh, but that was a month ago. Hopefully he now knows the error of his ways ;)

Ah well spotted. Good thing I didn't go off on one then, again!

Was thinking about a different way to illustrate the meaning of Amps when this crops up in future.

Might be helpful to suggest people envisage that an 'amount' of electricity is measured in Coulombs, like an 'amount' of water is measured in litres. And 3,600 Coulombs per hour flowing along a wire is one Amp. 

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Might be helpful to suggest people envisage that an 'amount' of electricity is measured in Coulombs, like an 'amount' of water is measured in litres. And 3,600 Coulombs per hour flowing along a wire is one Amp. 

It took me a while to get my head around Amps and Amp Hours.

Perhaps it would have been easier for the layman to comprehend if 3600 Coulombs had been given a name, say, a "Mike".

Then we could say that something uses 1 Mike per hour, (1 Amp).

I think 1 Mike would thus be 1 Amp Hour, but I'm beginning to lose myself now...... perhaps it wouldn't be easier to comprehend :( 

13 hours ago, DaveP said:

Looking at their site, they're still offering unlimited on phone sims, which can now be used in dongles.  Certainly mine isn't objecting these days, unlike previously....

Does it say you can use them in dongles or is that just based on recent experience?

1 hour ago, Psycloud said:

Does it say you can use them in dongles or is that just based on recent experience?

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=payasyougo,varset_subcat=4124,Case=obj(3722)

Three were forced to do this by ofcom last year....

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/bulletins/competition-bulletins/all-closed-cases/cw_01218