Three unlimited data, minutes & texts £20

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Oh now that makes sense.

? Or at least it did until I went for a quick look it see what the going rate was for an iPhone equivalent to mine on a contract and I'm rather glad I was able to buy my phone and my contract separately. But I do understand that this is not an option for everybody. 

Well yes. I quite fancied an iPhone X until I saw they were nearly £1500 to buy. Then Virgin emailed to advertise that they had the cheapest deal around starting at only £34/month. I was intrigued as to how they could be a tenner less than everyone else... simple, it’s a 36 month contract!

• Greenie 1

22 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Well yes. I quite fancied an iPhone X until I saw they were nearly £1500 to buy. Then Virgin emailed to advertise that they had the cheapest deal around starting at only £34/month. I was intrigued as to how they could be a tenner less than everyone else... simple, it’s a 36 month contract!

There is a very old joke that goes:

"Have you forgotten that I owe you a hundred quid?"

"No, but as long as you keep paying me a tenner a week I won't ask for it back!"

Was reading this thread, closed the tab down and signed in to my Facebook page, very first advert was for this 3 unlimited deal. Don't think it was coincidence just frightening how quickly they can now react to your browsing. 

• Greenie 1

35 minutes ago, WotEver said:

£1500! Eeeek!

Mrs Bobs got an older I phone. Load of rubbish except it links up to my Mac. I have a 2 year old Ulephone Armour 2 ...an android Chinese jobbie that cost 200 squid. Excellent. I'll never get a contract phone again! Prolly get another Ulephone in 12 months.

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

£1500! Eeeek!

Mrs Bobs got an older I phone. Load of rubbish except it links up to my Mac. I have a 2 year old Ulephone Armour 2 ...an android Chinese jobbie that cost 200 squid. Excellent. I'll never get a contract phone again! Prolly get another Ulephone in 12 months.

I've never had an android. My first smart phone was a Blackberry, I had a few of those and a Blackberry Playbook, which was a tablet, from them I went the way of the Apple. 

No fruity jokes please ?

• Happy 1

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I've never had an android. My first smart phone was a Blackberry, I had a few of those and a Blackberry Playbook, which was a tablet, from them I went the way of the Apple. 

No fruity jokes please ?

I'm totally sold on my Mac, but can't stand this IPad or Mrs Bobs IPhone. Can't manipulate files.....bloody ITunes! Etc.

My android phone was a fraction of the price of the IPhone and is just as good (IMHO).

27 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I'm totally sold on my Mac, but can't stand this IPad or Mrs Bobs IPhone. Can't manipulate files.....bloody ITunes! Etc.

Funny you say that. I find both iTunes and Finder utterly bewildering.

And iPhotos too. Everythink else, BRILLIANT.

So, I'm mad to even contemplate a EE router? £40 pc 100 GB pcm 18 month contract

Do I keep my payg Samsung flip E1190 button. Which I know the number.

And  buy something else from THree. If so , what xactly?

EE suggested a 4F EE home router [white]

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

of course they do they're on commission 

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

if you buy a separate device to provide your wifi there is no reason why you can't keep your old phone but should you chose to upgrade your phone you can keep your number and take it with you to your new phone. 

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

So, I'm mad to even contemplate a EE router? £40 pc 100 GB pcm 18 month contract

EE may do the better coverage but three is boing the better deal. As I've said before I don't think you should buy the whole package of router and data from EE.

fullsizeoutput_9bf.jpeg

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

So, best thing is not to buy a contract with EE including a router for designed for home use. I assume the package [18 months ] at £40pcm includes a sim card to insert, not sure how it gts power. but no battery in it?

Then there s THREE package,  a data sim which needs a modem/router unlocked, they are £60 to £160

41 minutes ago, LadyG said:

So, best thing is not to buy a contract with EE including a router for designed for home use. I assume the package [18 months ] at £40pcm includes a sim card to insert, not sure how it gts power. but no battery in it?

https://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-monthly-mobile-broadband/4gee-router/details

Is this the deal you mean because that's going to require some additional thinking to set up on a boat that you wouldn't need if you were using it in a house. 

Yes it will come with a SIM card as part of the deal and yes it will need to be plugged into a wall socket the same way you plug in your home router that you have at the moment  but how that will effect your batteries and the use of an inverter I don't know. 

Edited by Tumshie

If you have the EE contract at £40 for 18 months you will pay £720 for the contract but you will also need an antenna and fixings for the antenna that will probbly add another £100 onto the cost of that deal. 

The Three deal is over a 12 month contract but lets pretend it's 18, and we'll add the most expensive mobile wifi device so that's 18months at £20 is £360 plus say £120 +£480 and you don't need an external antenna. 

Or the one year 3 deal with a £50 device is £74 all together. 

Just thought I would add this little bit because all mobile wifi devises are not equal, just something to be aware of really. 

SPECS: For £44 one
Download speed: 150Mbps
Upload speed: 50Mbps
Sim Card Size: Standard
Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 1 cm
Battery life: 6 hours
Share: Connects up to 10 WiFi enabled gadgets

SPECS: For £120 one
Download speed: 300Mbps
Upload speed: 50Mbps
Sim Card Size: MicroSim
Dimensions: 7 x 2.3 x 11.2 cm
Battery life: 24 hours
Share: Connects up to 32 WiFi enabled gadgets

Edited by Tumshie
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

To keep your number, ask the SIM provider for a MAC code. They have to do this.

Give the MAC code to the  provider of the new phone or SIM. After a dayorvtwo they will text you to say your old number has been transferred to the new SIM card.

I always buy year old phones from Music Magpie and keep them for 3 years. Music Magpie provides a 12 month warranty with all used phones.

I buy a seperate SIM. Currently an WE one.

My current phone is a 2016 Samsung A5 which cost me £150.

• Greenie 1

27 minutes ago, cuthound said:

That should be PAC code. 

Porting Authorisation Code. 

23 minutes ago, WotEver said:

That should be PAC code. 

Porting Authorisation Code. 

Blurry spillchucker.

Any I've kept my original number since 1995 despite moving mobile companies several times.

I recently upgraded to the ‘3’ unlimited data plan at £22 pcm 24 month contract. It comes with the 311 mains powered router. However, on the boat, I run it from a 12v stabilised supply like the one for my cello TV - works fine. I keep the original E5573 midi charged and if I’m off the boat I simply swap the SIM into it and can carry it in a pocket wherever I go.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

Give the MAC code to the  provider of the new phone or SIM. After a dayorvtwo they will text you to say your old number has been transferred to the new SIM card.

I always buy year old phones from Music Magpie and keep them for 3 years. Music Magpie provides a 12 month warranty with all used phones.

I buy a seperate SIM. Currently an WE one.

My current phone is a 2016 Samsung A5 which cost me £150.

my current phone cost me £9.99, and it been through the wash cycle

I love all the stuff my iPhone can do but the last thing it is to me is a phone. 

When it comes to a mobile phones actually being a phone the best one I ever had was the Nokia 5210, I would have another one in a heart beat if they still made them. 

1920px-Nokia_5210.jpg