Three unlimited data, minutes & texts £20

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

46 minutes ago, Glynn said:

It isnt. Ive logged on to 3 and it clearly states its is Unlimited.

It is. 

It’s worth noting that even if you used your phone for every minute of every day you’d only use, subject to TrafficSenseTM, around 1,000 GB each month. That’s why we’ve set a usage cap at 1,000 GB, in order to identify commercial use of the service, for example, which is not permitted under the Terms for Three Services.

From here:

http://www.three.co.uk/termspdf/MBB_Plan_price_guide_010219.pdf

And also here:

http://www.three.co.uk/termspdf/Advanced_Plan_price_guide_250119.pdf

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

They would have to prove commercial use.

I don’t see why. They clearly state that they have set a usage cap at 1TB. They don’t need to then justify that, it’s written in the freely available T&Cs

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

I don’t see why. They clearly state that they have set a usage cap at 1TB. They don’t need to then justify that, it’s written in the freely available T&Cs

They still can pulled to account if someone uses 1tb of data and not for commercial reasons.  Back in the days of 56k dial ups some services said unlimited and were not and many got round them. as Unlimited does not mean fair use.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

They still can pulled to account if someone uses 1tb of data and not for commercial reasons.  Back in the days of 56k dial ups some services said unlimited and were not and many got round them. as Unlimited does not mean fair use.

We’d have to wait and see. In the mean time it is untrue to state that the Three deal is ‘totally unlimited’ because it clearly isn’t. 

18 minutes ago, WotEver said:

We’d have to wait and see. In the mean time it is untrue to state that the Three deal is ‘totally unlimited’ because it clearly isn’t. 

Trading Standards would be port of call. But when i do do 1TB a month I will chase it up with them.  As would have to proove by their own wording commercial use.

58 minutes ago, Glynn said:

The paper you sign in the shop clearly states Unlimited Date and makes no mention of a 1TB cap.

I did my deal over the phone so I don’t know what the piece of paper in the shop might say but I’d be amazed if it didn’t say words to the effect of ‘Subject to the T&Cs available online at...’

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

I did my deal over the phone so I don’t know what the piece of paper in the shop might say but I’d be amazed if it didn’t say words to the effect of ‘Subject to the T&Cs available online at...’

I have T&C as always there's a small print but to advertise online and shop fronts the words unlimited when its not is braking trades description act.

This is what Three say in the definition of what “unlimited” means

Unlimited data gives you worry free internet use. Even if you used your phone for every minute of every day you could only use, subject to TrafficSense™, around 1000GB each month. We may use this cap to identify inappropriate use of the service, such as commercial use, which isn't permitted under our terms and conditions.

Just now, john6767 said:

This is what Three say in the definition of what “unlimited” means

Yes, that’s what I keep repeating.

The likelihood of a domestic customer reaching that limit is very small I’d have thought, but for whatever reason a couple of posters on here keep arguing the point. I don’t really understand why. 

I’m not worried. I’m signed up to the same deal and I know that for the use I’ll give it in that location I’ll never get close to 1TB so it’s effectively unlimited for my purposes. 

Edited by WotEver
Typo

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

I’m not worried. I’m signed up to the same deal and I know that for the use I’ll give it in that location I’ll never get close to 1TB so it’s effectively unlimited for my purposes. 

I find it hard to see what personal use anyone would have that can get close to that.  Even when I was working from home and making very heavy use of the internet I don't think I ever got over 250 gig in a month.  Not even sure that would be within personal t&c either (it was a business connection).

So in practice for personal use you can fill your boots with internet use and not get close. 

Just now, john6767 said:

I find it hard to see what personal use anyone would have that can get close to that.  Even when I was working from home and making very heavy use of the internet I don't think I ever got over 250 gig in a month.  Not even sure that would be within personal t&c either (it was a business connection).

So in practice for personal use you can fill your boots with internet use and not get close. 

Absolutely.

If I have really heavy lifting or downloading to do for business I use my Virgin broadband at home but even then, uploading between 30GB and 70GB at a time per day, as I did in November/December last year, I only just reached a terabyte in the first month and went a bit over that the second month. In normal circumstances 1TB is effectively unlimited. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eid said:

Do you need a new SIM card for use in a MiFi router or can you use one from before they changed the rules?

I'm using my old one - dates from several years back (so old it's been cut down from a full size one).

2 hours ago, eid said:

Do you need a new SIM card for use in a MiFi router or can you use one from before they changed the rules?

I don't think you ever need new SIM card, unless the size is different.  I am on the new £20 contract on my iPhone 5, and the SIM card is still the one that came with the phone 6 years ago.

5 hours ago, DaveP said:

I'm using my old one - dates from several years back (so old it's been cut down from a full size one).

4 hours ago, john6767 said:

I don't think you ever need new SIM card, unless the size is different.  I am on the new £20 contract on my iPhone 5, and the SIM card is still the one that came with the phone 6 years ago.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/02/2019 at 12:10, sbainbridge said:

Yes

Works perfectly.

If you get a Huawei 4G router NOT supplied by Three you can connect a domestic phone using a BT to RJ11 adaptor and make use of the unlimited calls, texts can be made and received via the routers set up webpage. I use the Huawei B525.

Three knobble the Huawei B311 router they supply with the Homefi package so that you cannot connect a homephone to it.

Thanks for the 'heads up' about this I can now confirm that a Virgin SIM works in a Huawei E5186s-22a router and I can now use my 2500 minutes. ?

20 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Three are now doing a £22 a month deal with the Huawei B311 and Unlimited Data. Including GoBinge

http://store.three.co.uk/view/basket/MBBD30012018T134033

And that's the deal I will have in the new house (finally no landline) once we leave the boat where it is at the moment.