The "thing" is back!

Graham Davis

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, David Mack said:

Nope. No price shown in the ad or where I have saved it in my Watced Items list, when viewed in my phone browser. But price clear to see when viewed in the EBay app. Most odd!

Yes, I found exactly the same thing. Never seen that happen before. 

On 05/02/2019 at 11:46, Graham Davis said:

Looking at an ebay link in another thread, I note that the strange Birmingham boat is back on Ebay, with a think a new seller (or not)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Narrow-Boat-Canal-liveaboard-Dutch-Barge-Houseboat-ECO-ELECTRIC-Narrowboat-PX/123620830291?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D0868fe37d3984465b74eac9056328692%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D202588068964%26itm%3D123620830291&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Still looks horrible, inside and out!
And how the hell can you call it "eco electric" with that ruddy great outboard on the back?

Messaged buyer:
"Can you please tell me where I can see this boat and where I can arrange a pre-purchase survey?"

Did you get a reply?

one thing strikes me..

from the advert it is registered with CRT as electric to qualify for the 25% license reduction

but with CRT's rules doesn't it state that to qualify electric must be the sole means of propulsion?

with that in mind how does it stand now it has a diesel outboard attached

Edited by Jess--
  • Greenie 2

21 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

I think it has several redeeming features on this day and age.

Concur -

(Except for the taste factor and even if you're a bit tongue in cheek...)

How to build a boat wit as few curves as possible Those left (apart from the stern) are gentle and as short in the chord as possible - 2mm steel 'cabin' roof panels?? - but why wasn't the train roof feature 'used internally' ?

Innovative weed cutter at the bow.

Maximum internal width (I assume as I can't see and tumble home (?)

'Lovely' full length domestic bath - needs to be hooked up to a water supply to fill it... Indeed with no engine how are the internal power features satisfied??

Fascinating..

AARRGGHH!!

2 hours ago, Jess-- said:

one thing strikes me..

from the advert it is registered with CRT as electric to qualify for the 25% license reduction

but with CRT's rules doesn't it state that to qualify electric must be the sole means of propulsion?

with that in mind how does it stand now it has a diesel outboard attached

It could be argued that the diesel engine was only there to move the boat - it was / is said to be moving under trade plates?

After all it is offered as a "live aboard" and ipso facto won't move at all  

5 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

I enquired about it the last time it was up.  I didn't get a reply.  Do they actually want to sell it?  Is this some complicated money laundering thing?

Every time she tries to sell the magnificent vessel, some nasty people on a forum start dissing the wonderfully unique lines, designer flock wallpaper and cutting edge paintwork. 

So Rawson gives up for a month hoping some sucker will bite next time before those forum vermin start again. 

It's not a boat for cruising - it's for living aboard in a marina / serviced moorings

But, but not at that price AND on the partial information provided.

Die-hards (and I'm one of those)  think and state that it's 'orrible however- 

• Folks coming on here just don't realise that the major market for boats coming on to the 'systems' now is for cheap / inexpensively priced / vessels on which to live.
  • The price point of £75k might suit a practical cruising boat - but on the information presented it's lacking in all / major factors to make that make it a usable prospect.
  • Somebody may pay £35k for it and stick it in a marina?   (For all the Saints above -  I thank thee...)

Get real chaps and chapesses...

ALL nearby  places to moor easily on my nearest canal (Oxford) are clogged with boats moored. Some official, other not. Cruising is now a-pleasant and we may well have to stick on the Thames (lovely river but we've done it again, and again and again)

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

It's advertised again on fleabay.  Price is now £100K!

I though you were supposed to lower the price when the the thing you're selling isn't... well selling ?

Anyone would think they didn't actually want to sell that thing :giggles:

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

I though you were supposed to lower the price when the the thing you're selling isn't... well selling ?

Anyone would think they didn't actually want to sell that thing :giggles:

It is often more successful to increase the price of something - if you underprice it then the potential buyers think it is too cheap 'for a reason' (what's wrong with it ??)

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

It is often more successful to increase the price of something - if you underprice it then the potential buyers think it is too cheap 'for a reason' (what's wrong with it ??)

I'd be more worried about the fact they've been trying to sell since 2015 - that would reason enough for me. ?