Small Gas Hob

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, Charles_Graham said:

Was looking into buying just a 2 burner gas hob, something like this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172037320870

but I understand not all run off Log bottles?

Is a conversion kit the needles at the hob end?

can anyone recommend a suitable 2 burner gas hob I guess is what I'm getting at?

Graham

The one in the link includes jets for lpg. It also has ffd so looks ok to me.

If this is installed on a boat with the controls at the front, so the loner part is front to back across a work surface  then tht very powerful burner (described a s a wok burner) could be far too close to a cabin side for comfort.

A 3KW  burner sounds a lot for normal boat use - it could eat a lot of gas.

Also the "auto ignition" will presumably be  230 volt, so you may need an inverter running to work it.

Edited by alan_fincher

Usually it only requires a small spanner.  You may need to remove the burners as the jets are at the control end where the gas is mixed with the air.

And really you want to do a leak check afterwards.  Not vital necause the jet is after the off knob and any leaking gas should be sucked up to the burner anyway.

N

31 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

If this is installed on a boat with the controls at the front, so the loner part is front to back across a work surface  then tht very powerful burner (described a s a wok burner) could be far too close to a cabin side for comfort.

Agreed. I think it would only work if it was installed on a worktop return, so that it was aligned with the boat. 

I've fitted one very similar 

28 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

If this is installed on a boat with the controls at the front, so the loner part is front to back across a work surface  then tht very powerful burner (described a s a wok burner) could be far too close to a cabin side for comfort

this is very true so mine is fitted with the controls to the left hand side.

If it is anything like mine, the auto ignition is very simple and works of an SP2 battery, so no need for any electrical installation.

I am thinking of replacing my old freestanding gas oven with a new one:

Presuming gas connection is as simple as taking the old connection off the back of the old appliance and connecting it onto the new appliance, am I allowed to install my oven myself?

What are the implications to my current or future boat safety certificates?

Do i need a Gas registered installer to do it?

Apologies OP for hijacking the thread but this may be pertinent to you too.

No worries, I think it just needs to meet the Boat safety standards, as far as Im aware,

not necessarily installed by a certified gas fitter.

If anyone can recommend a suitable 2 x burner gas hob, I'd appreciate it.

3 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

A 3KW  burner sounds a lot for normal boat use - it could eat a lot of gas.

Also the "auto ignition" will presumably be  230 volt, so you may need an inverter running to work it.

Could this not be installed, on a worktop in an L shape. then it would be positioned more central in the galley.

Also can these be started simply with a match?

1 hour ago, Charles_Graham said:

Could this not be installed, on a worktop in an L shape. then it would be positioned more central in the galley.

Ahem...

4 hours ago, WotEver said:

I think it would only work if it was installed on a worktop return, so that it was aligned with the boat. 

4 hours ago, Paringa said:

I am thinking of replacing my old freestanding gas oven with a new one:

Presuming gas connection is as simple as taking the old connection off the back of the old appliance and connecting it onto the new appliance, am I allowed to install my oven myself?

What are the implications to my current or future boat safety certificates?

Do i need a Gas registered installer to do it?

Apologies OP for hijacking the thread but this may be pertinent to you too.

If its a liveaboard then you CANNOT install it yourself - you need a qualified boat LPG gas fitter to install it to GSIUR regulations.

If it is a 'holiday boat' (weekends and holidays) then you can do it yourself.

If you rent it out then you CANNOT install it yourself - you need a qualified boat LPG gas fitter to install it to GSIUR regulations. 

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If its a liveaboard then you CANNOT install it yourself - you need a qualified boat LPG gas fitter to install it to GSIUR regulations.

If it is a 'holiday boat' (weekends and holidays) then you can do it yourself.

If you rent it out then you CANNOT install it yourself - you need a qualified boat LPG gas fitter to install it to GSIUR regulations. 

And you cannot break the speed limit on the way to the boat to do the job!! ?