Diesel heater - the voltages and amps used

Featured Posts

53 minutes ago, catweasel said:

I have been toying with the idea of fitting one just to make some instant heat available. I have spoken to others, and their findings seem similar to the people you know, which is encouraging.

If you do Faceache there’s a group for them and the folk there know everything there is to know about them, although the majority of their experience seems to be with vehicles. 

17 hours ago, catweasel said:

I have been toying with the idea of fitting one just to make some instant heat available. I have spoken to others, and their findings seem similar to the people you know, which is encouraging.

They seem to be up to the job. The few people we know who have fitted them have used them all winter with no problems.

The control units seem to have far more functions than the offerings from Webasto and Ebersplutter as well.

We will be seriously considering getting one if we ever have any more problems with our Webasto.

Ran mine for over an hour today and it worked just dandy.

What I didn't know last week was that you hold down the two top buttons to show the temperature cut off. Mine was at about 14'C. This time I set it for 21'C and it was lovely and toasty in no time.

Battery voltage was about 12.6 when I switched it on. When I turned it off an hour later it was at 12.5.

IMG_20190223_143707.jpg

IMG_20190223_142201.jpg

• Greenie 1