Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by bottle

  1. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  2. If you are not 60 before the 30th March then you will not get it this year.
  3. Tony I do not know the gearbox but you changed the oil previously, so do it again. You could use the same oil, if you collect it in a clean container just don't put it all back. You will have to guesstimate the amount not to return, look at how far above the full mark it is and guess. Remember between the lower and upper marks is where the oil level should be it will be safe to run at the minimum level.
  4. Standby for the bl**d**g obvious, if there is more oil than when you filled it, then it is coming from somewhere, have you checked the engine level, though do not know whether it is possible for engine oil to get into gearbox. You could always take some of the oil out and see what happens. ( I disassociate myself from that statement if goes wrong) I cannot say for definite, that too much oil will have the effect you say that you have but I think it may well do. Yes you possibly will.
  5. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  6. Hi Earthmother Ally has said it all really, just my two penny worth, if the boatbuilder did not supply all the relevant stamping, certificates, manuals when the boat was moved to the broker, what else has he forgot. I have seen all the paperwork that should come with a fully fitted RCD compliant boat and it filled an A4 boxfile. Be advised by your surveyor, from what you have said he seems to be a good one. You went down the sensible route of getting a surveyor in the first place, stay sensible. I think you have already made this decision and just want some support, which
  7. I am guessing that you are single, if so the moving of a broadbeam (although not impossible, apparently) single handed will be difficult. If you do not have any experience of boating, hire before you buy is the usual advice, does not really give the full picture but an insight.
  8. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  9. Tefleon Welcome to the forum You will require a mooring, basically there are two types: in a marina and on-line (towpath). If you do not have a mooring then you would need to declare yourself as a 'continuous cruiser' but there are drawbacks as BW expect you to be on a continuous journey around a major part of the system. You can moor a widebeam on a broad canal but need to comply (as on all canals) with the local mooring restrictions, the maximum you may moor in anyone place is 14 days unless a sign says otherwise (usually less). Have you noticed that with a broadbeam you
  10. Steve Who paid for the survey (rhetorical), a survey is the same as an MOT for a car, it is only valid at the time of the survey. My personal thought is, it is not worth the paper it is written on.
  11. Tony I am sure it will go well............................................just check the insurance policies of those doing the lifting etc. your own policy may cover you.
  12. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  13. Bones does but it doesn't move much.
  14. Obviously they are not fitting in a 'standard position' Surprise!!!!
  15. All your lighting will be 12v (possibly 24v but rare) this will always run from your domestic battery bank. The inverter will supply all your 240v equipment from your domestic battery bank. (12v inverted to 240v) The Travel pack will run all the 240v equipment when the engine is running, for example if you have a washing machine it would be advisable to only use it when the propulsion engine is driving the Travel pack. You need a 3 stage battery charger to charge your domestic batteries when the landline is connected. Are you sure you only have an inverter and not a 'combi' tha
  16. http://www.waterscape.com/features-and-art...irman-announced
  17. I thought they were being fitted to the balance beam, so you could fix them when the gate was closed.
  18. Yes, got it in one.
  19. BW must have made a press release as it was on National news (BBC) this morning. From the paper article: You gotta laugh
  20. Did not say they would. If that is the case then go satellite. http://freesat.co.uk/
  21. There is a delay but all Digital Terrestrial signals will be increased when all analogue TV is turned off (2012). (That's what the blurb says) Or you can go wideband A Wideband aerial is optimised to receive TV channels anywhere in the UK TV band. In areas of weak signal, a wideband aerial may not be as effective as a high-gain aerial designed for the specific band you're trying to receive (a mast-head amplifier may be needed to help boost the signal). The best aerial is one that is specific to the local transmitter but that is not always possible unless you wish to carry about si
  22. If a house was designed from the outset to use solar energy, then yes, it is possible and batteries would be used. As to the initial cost???????
  23. Robin As you will already know, TV signals (wavebands) vary around the country, the best type to cover all areas are 'Log Periodic'. Example here: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criter...FZ&DOY=29m6, this is not a recommendation.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.