Profile Information

• Boat Name
    Good Times

Recent Profile Visitors

19,892 profile views

TheBiscuits's Achievements

Veteran II

Veteran II (12/12)

1. Shame that, because somewhere between too wide and too narrow would have been just right if it's a tapered pole. Are we related? It's the sort of thing I do far too often!
  2. Particularly as it's just gone up to £90,000 ...
  3. Was it one of the capped fares things? If you'd already done one or more journeys that day paying by the same card some bus companies cap the total for the day.
  4. Nobody in their right mind would build a narrow canal, never mind join it to a sensible width one!
  5. It was previously offered at £400k so at least it is getting cheaper. The previous estate agent very carefully cropped out the large substation at one side and the Biffa skip at the other side. Took plenty of pics of the boats that are the other side of the boundary though. I wouldn't pay for one of the moorings there though never mind a property.
  6. After a delivery trip like that including big and little locks and a few rivers he won't be a new boater anymore. There's many boat owners who haven't managed that lot in twenty years ... Sounds like a fairly strenuous fortnight but the old lock wheeling muscles will be in tip top shape after doing it. Or worn out!
  7. Some cheap charging cables only have the power cables but not the data cables inside them. can you connect anything else to the computer using those two cables? The house wifi router might be blocking the connection if the wifi works via hotspot. Or the house router might be set to only use a type of wifi the reader doesn't support.
  8. @DRP had one of those fall off Ribble, fortunately while in a dry dock and not on the big rivers they'd just been on!
  9. Shows a lack of forward planning these days. Was it Ely cathedral that when the roof timbers needed replacing the trees in the grounds were the perfect age and size to replace the trusses with? Of course they were subject to tree preservation orders so couldn't actually get used for the exact purpose they had been planted there for ...
  10. Less spreadsheet and more locks, that's the ticket 🤣
  11. I thought cant was an Essex swearword. Typically used as "You fah'in cant" The guttural Northern U always sounds more genuinely Anglo Saxon to me ...
  12. I once weighed in half a dozen leisure batteries and the chap at the scrapyard pressed the wrong button on the computer. I genuinely didn't notice at the time that he'd selected "Lead" rather than "Lead acid batteries." Then I looked at my bank balance a few days later ...
  13. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  14. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.
  15. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.