Crossing the Wash

Scholar Gypsy

Featured Posts

Very good account of a trip I will never make in Cygnet!

I see that the pilot seems to be the only person not wearing a lifejacket.........

Ah no - his lifejacket is built into his fetching yellow jacket, together with a safety harness for attaching to helicopter hooks etc. Note also the large pocket for bacon butties, an important part of his remuneration ....

Were you covered insurance wise or did you have to pay a premium?

Rob....

I paid a small extra premium and admin fee, and agreed a larger than normal excess. There was also quite a long list of entirely sensible conditions from the underwriters. (Craftinsure).

Thankyou for the links and information, looks a good trip, one I hope to do eventually.

.....and well done to you for asking all the right questions,taking it on board and making sure it was a safe and enjoyable cruise.

Ah no - his lifejacket is built into his fetching yellow jacket, together with a safety harness for attaching to helicopter hooks etc.

Yes, I did wonder if that was possible. But employing a pilot who is equipped to be lifted off by helicopter??? ohmy.png

Yes, I did wonder if that was possible. But employing a pilot who is equipped to be lifted off by helicopter??? ohmy.png

I think if I had to climb up some of these ladders, I might like a safety line attached ....

https://twitter.com/hashtag/dangerousladders?src=hash

NB esp the video dated 20 October 2014, Start about 1:20 in. Ouch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL4wWXvqhak

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

They are moored here at Kirkstead Bridge with us now sheltering from the wind and rain.

If the forecast stays as it is I very much doubt they will be making the crossing any time soon!

Yes. Sunday's weather forecast looks like this (28-39 mph in the Wash!).

w14330628002906.gif

Yes four boats crossing three of them blog if you are interested in following their Wash trip

Yarwood, What a Lark and Seyella all blog and the other boat is Clarence..

Thank you Sue - Seyella was the boat we met at Stamp End, I guess with the other three following along behind ....

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

Shame they are not all breasted up.... :(

I wonder who snores the most?

We all got on the moorings so no harm done. River has been quiet this week but I expect they will start to see more boats about now it is the weekend. They may have to raft now.

Very quiet here at Fiskerton Fen, we are the only boat on the moorings, but have passed a few heading downstream and have heard Burton Waters boat club on the vhf ahead at Washingborough So it's getting busier the closer we get to home.

Shame they are not all breasted up.... :(

I wonder who snores the most?

There were there three cruisers on the Chapel Hill pontoon (next water point from Kirkstead Bridge). Shame they need to leave 12 foot gap between each boat as it is a short pontoon.

I wonder if this is some sort of cruising club etiquette?