dave moore

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Boat Name:resolute

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hi all

Those of you who read my posts/replies are aware of my tendency toward the traditional past of the cut, its boats etc. I 've just opened the May edition of Waterways World and am delighted to see a spread of pictures featuring the boatman's cabin and engine room on Resolute, along with some work of mine for other customers. Apart from the initial woodwork, the cabin is all mine from the primer up to brasses and plates and it's my homage to the cabins I recall from boats from way back in the dying days of trade.

The pictures are by Graham Booth and were originally taken when WW reviewed the boat back in 2006. Neither Norton Canes Boatbuilders nor myself are credited in the article but if you read it and wonder ..... now you know!

The Kelvin J3 engine, incidentally, is now Oxford Blue to complement the rest of the colour scheme.

Cheers

Dave

#2 rjasmith

rjasmith

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Boat Name:Shilla (just a shell at the mo!)

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi all

Those of you who read my posts/replies are aware of my tendency toward the traditional past of the cut, its boats etc. I 've just opened the May edition of Waterways World and am delighted to see a spread of pictures featuring the boatman's cabin and engine room on Resolute, along with some work of mine for other customers. Apart from the initial woodwork, the cabin is all mine from the primer up to brasses and plates and it's my homage to the cabins I recall from boats from way back in the dying days of trade.

The pictures are by Graham Booth and were originally taken when WW reviewed the boat back in 2006. Neither Norton Canes Boatbuilders nor myself are credited in the article but if you read it and wonder ..... now you know!

The Kelvin J3 engine, incidentally, is now Oxford Blue to complement the rest of the colour scheme.

Cheers

Dave

I did wonder if I'd seen that interior before as soon as I saw the J3! You kindly took self, wife and a friend who was with us round Resolute when you were at Kevin Whittle's rally at Napton in 2005(?)

A bit off that WW didn't mention the source of the photos.

Sadly I expect my back cabin/engine room (with K2) won't quite compare with yours but we'll do the best we can!!

Richard

#3 BEngo

BEngo

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Boat Name:Jarrah

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hi all

Cheers

Dave

:banghead: You'll have never ending trouble with it until you paint it the right colour again. :wacko:

N

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users