Vulcan of Goole

Featured Posts

This immaculate looking barge has just passed us while moored at Whitley on the A&CN

6436214071_6ef2afa01f_z.jpg

I didn't manage to move quick enough to get a shot of my own so got that from t'internet.It looks like a residential boat, anybody know anything about her, other than it's a truly great looking boat..... :wub:

This immaculate looking barge has just passed us while moored at Whitley on the A&CN

I didn't manage to move quick enough to get a shot of my own so got that from t'internet.It looks like a residential boat, anybody know anything about her, other than it's a truly great looking boat..... :wub:

Yeah she is a beauty. Think shes liveaboard. Quite often travels between Goole and Whitley and onto the New junction ( good moorings top right ) There are quite a few boats of her ilk down that end of the A and C..............I reckon your sewer tube days are numbered :cheers:

The whole boat just looks 'right' - and the colour scheme really suits her. She looks as good in the flesh as she does in the pictures you can find of her on 't'internet - clearly very well looked after I would say.

If you google around a bit as I've now done you find an interesting history - originally from Scotland and once sank in the Firth of Forth.

I particularly like the wheelhouse and the way that has been done. It looks as if it is either original or at the very least designed to be sympathetic to the original design respecting the boats age.

Too many converted Humber/Sheffield keels you see up here and boats like Vulcan have huge boxes 'plonked' on the top - great for space but ruining the look in the process.

Why would you need a huge spacious wheel house anyway with all that room below.

Anyway I'm booked in for a kidney removal which I will be selling on here soon, if I get no takers it's going on eBay....

Being not the smartest person with my laptop, I didn't manage to find this barge on "google", what did you ask to get the information about her Martin ?

Thanks,

Peter.

I Just googled 'Vulcan of Goole' and brought up.

http://www.nationalhistoricships.org.uk/ships_register.php?action=ship&id=1888

http://www.clydesite.co.uk/clydebuilt/viewship.asp?id=22726

thats first on my list for when my lotto comes in

I dreamed a dream

now back to the real world

The owner is a retired master mariner and the vessel is immaculate both inside and outside. I had a guided tour last year at Stainforth (where Vulcan is moored) and the inside is, if anything, even nicer than the outside!

Howard

Thank you very much Martin, you've learned me something new, I used the same text but didn't put in between 'Ellipsis'.

Now that I know this trick, I will become a better "google" user.

Cheers,

Peter.

Being not the smartest person with my laptop, I didn't manage to find this barge on "google", what did you ask to get the information about her Martin ?

Thanks,

Peter.

Barge Vulcan Goole worked for me Peter and this is where a lot of the info appears http://www.clydesite.co.uk/clydebuilt/viewship.asp?id=22726

Anyway I'm booked in for a kidney removal which I will be selling on here soon, if I get no takers it's going on eBay....

Do you think they accept eye brows too? Mine are far too thick and overshadow my eyes!

Edited by Doorman

That doesn't sound so good. I hope that all goes as it should.

Nick

Thanks Nick (but you do know I was joking don't you.... :unsure: )

It was a reference to this-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-17640209

Of course, it would be no point to get a kidney removed and sell it if it had to be taken out because it was a danger for your live to leave it in, and if you do get a healthy kidney removed, it's normally not to sell, but to save someones live.

Peter.

Guess who turned up after we moored at Bramwith today.

I did asked if they minded my taking a video of her going through the swing bridge.....

I did asked if they minded my taking a video of her going through the swing bridge.....

Thank you very much for this lovely Easter present Martin.

Peter.

Loved it, but I'm beginning to get worried about becoming a 'boat spotter' in my old age. Where do you buy those anoraks that plane spotters wear?

Thank you very much for this lovely Easter present Martin.

Peter.

The best bit was that there was a quite stiff breeze that would have been blowing from behind me and Vulcan against the bridge landing....

dealt with consummate ease...