#1 andywatson

andywatson

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • Boat Name:Primus

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

A small rabbit has taken up residence under my garden shed and Rusty the cat has been taking a close interest in this even though he's 17 and a bit past it.
I am currently decorating my kitchen and had just masked up, laid down all the cloths and was pouring out paint when I heard the peculiar noise that cats make when they've brought something to show you.
Sure enough Rusty had caught the rabbit, brought it in and put it on the lounge carpet.
It was unharmed and deciding what to do next when Pippa (the young dog) saw it and decided to come for a look.
At this point the rabbit decided to leg it so Pippa gave chase and Rusty regained interest and joined in. Of course I had to attempt to catch the rabbit and put it back outside so we now have rabbit, dog, cat and myself running round the lounge about a yard apart in a very even race.
All we needed was the Benny Hill music to complete the farce although Toto (the old dog) didn't join in but barked encouragenment from the sofa.
After about 3 laps the rabbit ran into the kitchen and got behind the fridge.
Rusty lost interest and cleared off. - As usual.
Pippa was hoiked outside while I took up my dust cloth and pulled the fridge forward. The rabbit which was huddled in the corner let me pick it up and put it back outside under the shed.
I've got a sneaking feeling this will happen again.

#2 Trooperdan

Trooperdan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

I would have paid good money to have watched that safely from the sidelines! :cheers:

#3 Starcoaster

Starcoaster

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts
  • Boat Name:Springy

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

I would also have paid to view this, can you contact me before the rematch?
One day one of my cats brought in the same mouse, three times. In the end I told her if she did it again, I was keeping the mouse and evicting her.

Starry Trek- "To boldly go where no Springer has gone before" (Peter Reed)

GO TEAM MONKEY! (BCN Challenge 2015)

#4 BlueStringPudding

BlueStringPudding

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Boat Name:Mabel Stark

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Heheheh! That made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing
"Just seen a BW working boat come to a standstill with a fouled prop - The crew claimed it may take 2-3 hrs to clear !!!! so bowhauled the boat on the old blue string pudding." - benfordboy

"Am I in the distance yet?" - Bod

#5 matty40s

matty40s

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,675 posts
  • Boat Name:Old Friends

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

All i can say is that if you had been concentrating on Coronation Street with Glenys, you wouldn't have noticed.
Eyup, pretending to decorate eh.......
Rabbit stew is quite nice you know..

Edited by matty40s, 09 March 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#6 Dyad

Dyad

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

A small rabbit has taken up residence under my garden shed and Rusty the cat has been taking a close interest in this even though he's 17 and a bit past it.
I am currently decorating my kitchen and had just masked up, laid down all the cloths and was pouring out paint when I heard the peculiar noise that cats make when they've brought something to show you.
Sure enough Rusty had caught the rabbit, brought it in and put it on the lounge carpet.
It was unharmed and deciding what to do next when Pippa (the young dog) saw it and decided to come for a look.
At this point the rabbit decided to leg it so Pippa gave chase and Rusty regained interest and joined in. Of course I had to attempt to catch the rabbit and put it back outside so we now have rabbit, dog, cat and myself running round the lounge about a yard apart in a very even race.
All we needed was the Benny Hill music to complete the farce although Toto (the old dog) didn't join in but barked encouragenment from the sofa.
After about 3 laps the rabbit ran into the kitchen and got behind the fridge.
Rusty lost interest and cleared off. - As usual.
Pippa was hoiked outside while I took up my dust cloth and pulled the fridge forward. The rabbit which was huddled in the corner let me pick it up and put it back outside under the shed.
I've got a sneaking feeling this will happen again.

That must of been quite hare raising :P
Kev

#7 catweasel

catweasel

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Brilliant. The joys of being a dog/cat keeper :)

Edited by catweasel, 09 March 2012 - 08:40 AM.

"Austerity, along with the politics of fear, is being used in this country like an economic martial law. It has kept ordinary citizens inline because they are fearful of losing their jobs and being unable to pay their rent, credit card and mortgage." -Harry Leslie Smith.

Kindle books for charity at:
http://shangitbooks.weebly.com/

http://www.destinyna...oat.weebly.com/

http://oldgeezerscameras.weebly.com/

http://www.facebook.com/RShangit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users