4 replies to this topic

#1 Albion

Albion

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

I've noticed that some members seem to be able to set their 'Currently viewing', 'Last on line', and other things to private. Out of curiosity I've looked at my own profile to try to see how they are achieving this and, despite going in to the Edit Profile page and searching every tab thereon I can't seem to see a way of doing it. I do recall that there was a change, since I have become a member, where the 'Gender' is set to some default setting etc(?) so is this the answer? Is it a facility in the later joiner's software that I haven't got on mine?
Roger

#2 carlt

carlt

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

You just sign in anonymously.

#3 Albion

Albion

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

You just sign in anonymously.

That would work but it isn't what others must be doing, so out of curiosity, how do I do it when I am signed in? Or do you have to be a recent joiner to do it?
Roger

#4 The Dog House

The Dog House

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,100 posts
  • Boat Name:The Dog House

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

That would work but it isn't what others must be doing, so out of curiosity, how do I do it when I am signed in? Or do you have to be a recent joiner to do it?
Roger

You can't Roger - you have to sign out and when you sign back in again make sure the 'sign in anonymously' box is checked as Carl says.

This then has the result you describe ref. 'currently viewing', 'last on line' etc etc....

As for stuff appearing in 'Gender', 'location', etc next to your posts - this is simply information set in 'your profile'. If you don't include anything then it doesn't appear....

HTH,
Martin........

#5 Albion

Albion

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

You can't Roger - you have to sign out and when you sign back in again make sure the 'sign in anonymously' box is checked as Carl says.

This then has the result you describe ref. 'currently viewing', 'last on line' etc etc....

As for stuff appearing in 'Gender', 'location', etc next to your posts - this is simply information set in 'your profile'. If you don't include anything then it doesn't appear....

HTH,

Ah, OK, I thought Carl was meaning to sign in anonymously (ie not sign in) as if I were a 'Guest'. Thanks for that, it has satisfied my curiosity. A lot of people must do it then as I have seen the info labelled Private on several member's pages. Cheers for the info :cheers:
Roger
Edited to add: Yep, I've just had a play and can see the box you have to tick on sign in. I leave myself signed in all the time, so unless I delete my cookies, or time expire, I never normally see/take any notice of that box. Ta, guys.

Edited by Albion, 04 February 2012 - 03:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users