cheshire~rose

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts
  • Boat Name:Carrie~Lou

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

[quote name='alan_fincher' timestamp='1333562411' post='850158'}

"Bottle" seemed to think we might be heading to a poor mooring choice - given the "seaside" noises outside, he was probably right!
[/quote]

I think Bottle was right too - Tixall can be more than a tad breezy!

Handy hint number 123 - When trying you are in Tixall lock tomorrow make sure you crack a paddle before trying to close the lock gates as they blow open every time!

If my opinion was correct, true and valid. We would all share the same opinion. Then it wouldn't be an opinion.

#522 matty40s

matty40s

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts
  • Boat Name:Old Friends

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

You want to give Paddy a medal? For what? For ruining Richard's planned entertainment for Saturday? Firstly poor old Sue will now have her work cut out keeping any eye on him while he hunts around for something to keep himself occupied. Secondly Wriggly will need to spin some extra wool in the hope she can persuade him to take up knitting and thirdly every single banterer who has their boat present at the event will need to ensure they do not mention any strange little missfires or knocking noises coming from their engines or they might return from the bar to find their con rods soaking in a sink full of WD40!

tsk!

I am sure I can find something for Richard to look at!!

So, ran out of fuel, did you?
I like you coming to banters, it's always entertaining.
Richard

well if almost 50 litres is run out then yes......... I prefer my technical explanation :lol: :lol:

it's someone elses turn now B)

#523 paddy r

paddy r

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Boat Name:Comfortably Numb and butty Echoes

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

I am sure I can find something for Richard to look at!!

So, ran out of fuel, did you?
I like you coming to banters, it's always entertaining.
Richard

well if almost 50 litres is run out then yes......... I prefer my technical explanation :lol: :lol:

it's someone elses turn now B)

It needed a Lister part as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

#524 matty40s

matty40s

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

I was going to see if richard can lend me some of that pink paint that he did Mike|Boilermans gearbox in, to hide it.

#525 paddy r

paddy r

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Boat Name:Comfortably Numb and butty Echoes

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

I was going to see if richard can lend me some of that pink paint that he did Mike|Boilermans gearbox in, to hide it.

I've got a tin of grey :cheers: :banghead:

#526 RLWP

RLWP

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,853 posts
  • Boat Name:Tawny Owl

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

I'll bring some if you want

Posted Image

Posted Image

Richard

Primrose Engineering @Primroseeng

Until Dan gets his act together, you can donate to the running costs of the CanalWorld forum via Paypal using the button at the bottom of this page:  btn_donate_LG.gif

#527 Dyertribe

Dyertribe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Now now - no need to spit your dummy out!

I was only suggesting they would have run out of the Rev James!

Ah! Reverend James, I live within spitting distance of the pub of the same name named like the beer after the preacher who's career started here. The beer is brewed in Cardiff. Another bitter from the same brewer (Brains) is SA( skull attack) and thought locally to be better than Rev James. A student in uni in Cardiff did his thesis on the subjects of SA

#528 wrigglefingers

wrigglefingers

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Boat Name:nb Cobbett

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

I an really very excited now.

I just thought I'd mention it. Richard has plenty to do on Cobbett. I showed Team Tawny the innards of my concertina this evening by way of exchange.

Just keep your fingers crossed for Viola and Clara tomorrow. It's the Big Snip for them, closely followed by a shape-shifting experience as that lovely two-catten play centre cum sacred burial ground turns into a fire-spitting stinky-noisy thing.

Edited by wrigglefingers, 04 April 2012 - 10:15 PM.

They said it couldn't be done; but I was too bloody-minded to listen ........

#529 matty40s

matty40s

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

You will be happy to know the reverend was back on tonight.......

you will be less happy to know that the speckled hen was drunk dry to make this happen..........

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Edited by matty40s, 04 April 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#530 Dr Bradley

Dr Bradley

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Boat Name:Dr Bradley's Linctus

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

You want to give Paddy a medal? For what? For ruining Richard's planned entertainment for Saturday? Firstly poor old Sue will now have her work cut out keeping any eye on him while he hunts around for something to keep himself occupied. Secondly Wriggly will need to spin some extra wool in the hope she can persuade him to take up knitting and thirdly every single banterer who has their boat present at the event will need to ensure they do not mention any strange little missfires or knocking noises coming from their engines or they might return from the bar to find their con rods soaking in a sink full of WD40!

tsk!

My engine can keephim occupied for a week. Would that help?
Travelsand travails - website at http://www.drbradley.co.uk/

#531 Ange

Ange

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Boat Name:Iona

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Soooo looking forward to getting tomorrow out of the way!! The train connections between here and Nottingham are a nightmare - I'm leaving the boat at just after 6am to arrive back just before 9pm to do a 9-5 job! Getting to work is quite easy, Stafford to Tamworth then Tamworth via Derby to Nottingham. Getting home is far more interesting - Nottingham to Tamworth, Tamworth to Rugby then Rugby to Stafford (I know there's a quicker route via Birmingham but that'd add 20 per day to my fare!)

The interesting bit is the change at Rugby - I arrive at Rugby with 5 minutes to cross from platform 6 to platform 1 to catch my connection. Easy if the train's on time - both days the train has arrived in Tamworth 3 minutes late, so I've spent half an hour on the train biting my nails and praying I'll catch the connecting train, then standing by the door with my finger hovering over the "open door" button for the last 5 minutes of the journey, sprinting down the stairs, along the passageway and up the stairs and (so far) just made the train with seconds to spare in a gasping heap. And then 20 minutes later the train sails through Tamworth, where I caught a train 50 minutes before :banghead:

Sorry, whinge over :) I knew that coming here by boat would have it's difficulties, but it'll be worth it once I get home tomorrow! Today was very interesting - the wind was just picking up and the snow falling gently when we left the boat, it was snowing a blizzard when I changed trains in Derby, piddling down with rain when I arrived in Nottingham then snowing hard when the bus got me to the hospital. I was a frozen puddle when I arrived at work!!

And what am I doing up now when I've a train to catch at silly o'clock tomorrow :lol:

(don't get me wrong - not having a mega whinge - it's all part of the challenge of living aboard - just felt like sharing :))

"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." Stephen R Covey

#532 cheshire~rose

cheshire~rose

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

And I think Ange deserves medal number 3 of the banter, after all they could have opted to leave Iona tied up near Nottingham making it easy to get to work and then driven down for the banter but no - Ange wanted to go boating again and so ........... no thinking about it scratch that medal for Ange - I think it is Dave that deserves it :blush:

Posted Image

At least as pink goes that is an industrial pink - I was trying to remember what it reminded me of and I have a very vague memory of driving an A40 pick up truck painted in a very similar shade somewhere in the depths of my memory! The steering box had gone on that and even Geoff Capes would have struggled to turn corners!

I an really very excited now.

I just thought I'd mention it. Richard has plenty to do on Cobbett. I showed Team Tawny the innards of my concertina this evening by way of exchange.

:blush: I am lost for words!

Just keep your fingers crossed for Viola and Clara tomorrow. It's the Big Snip for them, closely followed by a shape-shifting experience as that lovely two-catten play centre cum sacred burial ground turns into a fire-spitting stinky-noisy thing.

Awww :hug: Viola & Clara - their first banter!

If my opinion was correct, true and valid. We would all share the same opinion. Then it wouldn't be an opinion.

#533 Bazza2

Bazza2

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • Boat Name:La Toc

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

Well I'm off on my Easter holidays today and I'm all excited

I shall leave as soon as the post arrives around 12:30 because another banter waistcoat was sent yesterday

I have sausages in my freezer. This time I must remember to put them in the car

Barry

I do my thing and you do your thing.
I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,
And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
You are you, and I am I,
and if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful.
If not, it can't be helped

Fritz Perls - 'The Gestalt Prayer'

#534 cheshire~rose

cheshire~rose

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

I am writing lists!

Guest lists frustrating when most guests have a double persona! Never mind a banter this is more like a Schizophrenics Annonymous meeting!

When going to the bar to pay for your buffet please be kind to the bar staff. I have provided a list of forum names with your real name in brackets (providing I can remember it) so there are a lot for them to trawl through to find you!

Then of course there are some people who have a real name, and a forum identity but will (in my likkle head anyway) forever be known as their former forum ID won't they Balders????

I have sausages in my freezer. This time I must remember to put them in the car

Tie a knot in your stilleto heels to remind you

#535 Chris-B

Chris-B

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Boat Name:Coronation

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

Yeah I know Jan BUT Baldock would just be so wrong now wouldn't it !!
Would Balders have been less confusing >

Anyhow a 2.5kg tray ( 51/2 lb) tray of Jenning's best Lincolnshire snorkers have been ordered and ready for collection Sat am, then all being well we are on our way
( Need to remind Del to bring the wobbly box to the marina !!)

So all being well we should be at CH around 12.30 ish ish once the van is set up BEER O CLOCK

Balders/Baldock/Chris-B ?

Lise and I are now the custodians of an 1895 Bantock boat "Coronation", this will revert to her original name all in good time

Lots of jobs to do, but we are happy to be back on the Cut with good friends

Disclaimer : I am in the Marine Engine Trade ( Lister-Petter New Engines and Parts Isuzu & Canaline Parts ) any advice I give is given freely with no hidden motives.
Other junk peddlers, Snake Oil Salesmen and sources of completely incorrect information regarding our products are available on this forum and other sources

Link to the day job

#536 Bazza2

Bazza2

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • Boat Name:La Toc

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

You'll always be Balders to me Balders

Barry

I do my thing and you do your thing.
I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,
And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
You are you, and I am I,
and if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful.
If not, it can't be helped

Fritz Perls - 'The Gestalt Prayer'

#537 Ally

Ally

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

I heard that!!!!

Just to wish you all happy bantering over the weekend....have a few for us please!
<p> http://www.beaconboa...o.uk/index.html
Now winding up the business following my work partners stroke...life! On the look out for a new job in the marine trade....anyone? Decent track record!

#538 cheshire~rose

cheshire~rose

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Yeah I know Jan BUT Baldock would just be so wrong now wouldn't it !!
Would Balders have been less confusing >

Balders/Baldock/Chris-B ?

Time for a vote methinks - who says we ask a friendly mod to give Chris a name change - we want Balders back!

Ackchoooallleee ............. come to think of it - there are not going to be ANY mods coming to the banter :unsure:

Oooh! does that mean we can all misbehave :cheers:

#539 Chris-B

Chris-B

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Boat Name:Coronation

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

You'll always be Balders to me Balders

:rolleyes:

Lise and I are now the custodians of an 1895 Bantock boat "Coronation", this will revert to her original name all in good time

Lots of jobs to do, but we are happy to be back on the Cut with good friends

Disclaimer : I am in the Marine Engine Trade ( Lister-Petter New Engines and Parts Isuzu & Canaline Parts ) any advice I give is given freely with no hidden motives.
Other junk peddlers, Snake Oil Salesmen and sources of completely incorrect information regarding our products are available on this forum and other sources

Link to the day job

#540 cheshire~rose

cheshire~rose

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

I heard that!!!!

Just to wish you all happy bantering over the weekend....have a few for us please!

We will drink a toast to one forum member who is actually what she says on her tin so to speak :cheers: to Ally who is also known offline as Ally! I do love a lass who keeps things simple :wub:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users