46 replies to this topic

#41 Arge

Arge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Boat Name:Argent

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

The best time of the day for fishing! We regularly fish all night sessions...! :mellow:

Janet

Hi all
Janet,where do you go fishing over youre way,and have you fished Jackhouse lodge it is in Oswaldtwistle, free fishing, and brilliant
surroundings,i used to be in the
burnley and Pendle club,Lowerhouse lodge is also brill.
Arge.

#42 Janet S

Janet S

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Boat Name:Wet Betsy

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hi Arge,

I caught my first double figure carp on Lowerhouse Lodge a few years ago, when I first took up angling.

Two in a day!

I've not been back for a while though...I wasn't at all happy at the amount of anglers who didn't seem to have any concern for fish welfare or the environment.

I do most of my fishing on the canals, my local club lake and the River Calder now.

Janet

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - something deep fried in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming........................ "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"

#43 Arge

Arge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Boat Name:Argent

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

Hi Arge,

I caught my first double figure carp on Lowerhouse Lodge a few years ago, when I first took up angling.

Two in a day!

I've not been back for a while though...I wasn't at all happy at the amount of anglers who didn't seem to have any concern for fish welfare or the environment.

I do most of my fishing on the canals, my local club lake and the River Calder now.

Janet

Hi Janet
That supprises me i always thuoght the fish in Lowerhouse were well looked after, to say its such a busy water,too many noisy
duks is what i remember, ah well it's almost Tench time now the ice has gone.Have fun,
Arge.

#44 Seagull

Seagull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Edited by Seagull, 21 February 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#45 DaveC

DaveC

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Boat Name:Cair Vie (Rhymes with "hair dye")

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

I learned from Mr Crabtree. :blush:

When I was a kid I had a Saturday job with Mr Crabtree AKA Bernard Venables. My Mum used to do some housework for him.

Dave
BETTER DROWNED THAN DUFFERS IF NOT DUFFERS WONT DROWN
A R 1930

#46 floatingtraders

floatingtraders

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Boat Name:journeyman

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

im shocked lame brain idots explosives come on chaps whats the problem with fishing i would much rather sit fishing in the serene river bank than what some of the boaters do.have you seen them buy a boat so they can sit next to it with their deck chair and cuppa wishing and hoping they could get out of the marina oneday .. i your lad wants to learn about fishing just talk to other anglers just like boaters they will help and enjoy the fact that he is interested ...
just gonna sit and drink me tea now

Edited by floatingtraders, 30 March 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#47 Sir Nibble

Sir Nibble

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

im shocked lame brain idots explosives sorry, don't understand come on chaps whats the problem with fishing some folk have a problem with it and have described their problem i would much rather sit fishing in the serene river bank than what some of the boaters do but that's your personal choice, you can't impose that on everyone.have you seen them buy a boat so they can sit next to it with their deck chair and cuppa wishing and hoping they could get out of the marina oneday no never, I have never seen anything remotely like it.. i your lad wants to learn about fishing just talk to other anglers just like boaters they will help and enjoy the fact that he is interested ...
just gonna sit and drink me tea now

www.hell.co.uw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users