Help Offered

Geoffrey Hammond

Featured Posts

I apologise for a slightly unusual posting.

I am going to be staying in the Braunston area for about a week from the 10th April while the fitting out of my new boat continues. I shall be happy to watch and learn, but I’d rather be boating.

If there is anyone who would like some crew help - locking, etc - for a day or a few hours, then I would be delighted to drive out and help. Naturally, the more help required, the further I would drive.

Many thanks.

A further update.

I am now definitely in Braunston from Monday to Friday - 11th to 15th April.

And what I am keen to do is to quietly and politely help on the water.

I'm happy to drive up to an hour or so from Braunston to walk and work a lock flight - or give whatever help is needed.

Many thanks.

Could'nt see your way clear to be available at Wilton Locks on the 11th June could you ? I do find them rather heavy and difficult being only 4'10".........:rolleyes:

I'd be delighted to help.

What is the name of your boat?

Will you be going up or down - and about when.

Send me your mobile number if you'd like to make more precise contact.

Best wishes.

We'll be on Anjou (tug) leaving Saisons at Wilton on the morning of the 11th June probably between 10ish/11ish - no later I hope. will be heading Braunston way. I know I really struggled with those locks the last time - I had to get a couple of guys to give me a hand. Once past there its OK though. BTW I was only kidding but if you are around your help will be gratefully appreciated!

Geoffrey thank you for your help yesterday in going up Braunston Locks it was a pleasure to meet you

I'm jealous! If anyone is around, y'know, the whole Thames ring (clockwise) from Easter onwards and is simply desperate for some lock experience, let us know ;)

(Seriously though, what a sensible plan, hope you all enjoyed the experience!)