NB Whitefield for sale

Paul H

Featured Posts

I wouldn't be at all surprised if until it reaches "give away" prices that it will end up doing the Apollo Duck etc rounds.

Every concept boat I have known ended up like that, one example from London Boat Show a few years back never did sell and was actually stripped of all sellable components in a desperate attempt to recover some of the investment and the hull was last seen in a scrap yard!

Edited by Gary Peacock

Linky

As many predicted this one didn't take long to come on the market.

Apparantly cost over £200K new last year. Anyone going to enquire how much they want for it? What they eventually get is of course quite another matter.

Paul H

You would have to pay ME to take that away. Yeeuuch!

Roger

Linky

As many predicted this one didn't take long to come on the market.

Apparantly cost over £200K new last year. Anyone going to enquire how much they want for it? What they eventually get is of course quite another matter.

Paul H

Great example of some people having more money than sense! :lol:

Stewey

Great example of some people having more money than sense! :lol:

Stewey

I think probably the clue as to how this boat came to be built is contained in the following, dound at the posted link.....

We'd never really done any narrowboat cruising, never been to any of the boat shows, never shown any interest in canals and locks, never read any of the associated press and to be honest we just weren’t interested…..

Add an excessive amount of cash, and perhaps the result is just about what you might predict, given the above.

This is an abomination! Bow and stern thrusters, how wet!

Only wet if you are confident all your crew members can manoeuvre without. If they can't (and in case you haven't noticed the days of female crew working on true working boats have long gone) I prefer to give Jan all the help she may need.

God loves a trier :lol:

:lol:

They might get scrap value for it....

The owner is called Dick - how very apt! (No offence intended to anyone else called Dick BTW! Just this Dick)

You really should be on the stage....

Envy I just love it....

Do you really think most of the comments are down to envy?

The boat is impractical for the canals and, therefore, why would any canal enthusiast want it?

I wouldn't mind the £200k that it cost to build it but I wouldn't spend it on that!

You should really have gone to specsavers. Can you not see how awful it looks?

Doesn't look THAT bad. Take off the glass-cratch-cover-thing and the sunbed-box-thing and tone the paint job down a bit, it wouldn't look too bad.

(The windows would probably look better if they lent backwards; bit of an odd design as (IMHO) I think it makes it look less sleek than I think the original intention was.)

Anyway - do we even know WHY they're selling up? Have they found it just doesn't work as well as they'd hoped, or could it be for other reasons like - say - they've split up and no longer want it.