#621 Evo

Evo

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Boat Name:Rebecca-Michael

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:52 PM

You know what Smiley...I'm too tired for all this thinking..I'm just gonna buy a gizmo and try it....the guy seeems to know what he's talking about....I am intrigued to evaluate the product. I know what will happen...the missus will go "what have you bought now for gods sake, How much was that..!! You know I wanted some flower pots for the roof"...See, you guys just dont understand...

#622 pistnbroke

pistnbroke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Boat Name:Aspire

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:58 AM

just thought I would log in in 2010 and see if any progress was made ..........No ......bye bye

#623 Sir Nibble

Sir Nibble

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

Good grief!
www.hell.co.uw

#624 pistnbroke

pistnbroke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

I hope all your nuts have been frozen off ...ouch

#625 Sir Nibble

Sir Nibble

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:00 PM

When the job is finished, it is customary to stop.
This thread is unlikely to benefit from further development, nor from idle trolling. Find something else to do.
www.hell.co.uw

#626 pistnbroke

pistnbroke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:15 AM

no job is ever finished on a boat....
I was looking on Virtual Village today and found some 3 phase 80 amp bridge rectifiers with built in heat sinks about 20 quid with post.......( up to 150 A available for a few more quid)

Now if you brought 3 wires out from your starting alternator stator to the 3 inputs on the rectifier and connected your house battery to the + and - you would have a true add on system using both alternators to charge the house . one battery could not discharge into the other .house battery could not hold down the starting battery ,no total re wires required etc etc

Shame its so difficult to post photos our you would just see a box with 5 wires to connect

Now you all have nice day and try not to be so rude you are getting the boating community a bad name

Edited by pistnbroke, 30 May 2010 - 03:22 AM.

#627 WotEver

WotEver

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts
  • Boat Name:Wot Ever

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:26 AM

no job is ever finished on a boat....

This thread is though - http://www.canalworl...p...st&p=404817

That was 9 months and 100 posts back.

Tony

#628 pistnbroke

pistnbroke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

oh well seemed a nice cheap and easy solution ...will put my brain back into 4 mph mode and accept the canal sarcasm and lethargy
Lets keep up The canal world ethic of Arrogance Sarcasm Intolerance and pig ignorance

I trust no one ever tries to help you. ( though always willing to help anyone just PM)

Edited by pistnbroke, 30 May 2010 - 08:47 AM.

#629 WotEver

WotEver

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

oh well seemed a nice cheap and easy solution ...

Yes it was - 100 posts and 9 months ago.

#630 pistnbroke

pistnbroke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

perhaps the moderator should consider if a post going to 600 + is of any use to anyone with the information so burried...it needs reducing to about 10 relavent posts which give the solutons available and supporting information..

#631 Gibbo

Gibbo

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,090 posts
  • Boat Name:Lionheart No 2

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

perhaps the moderator should consider if a post going to 600 + is of any use to anyone with the information so burried...it needs reducing to about 10 relavent posts which give the solutons available and supporting information..

Good idea. It will leave the original post, Snibble's solution and nothing else.
Gibbo

#632 pistnbroke

pistnbroke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:43 PM

well that would be more use than what we have now ......snibbles and the 3 phase from 100 posts back that covers those who want to strip the alternator and those who dont. And perhaps some reference to where you can get the bits

If you have influence with a moderator go for it

#633 WotEver

WotEver

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:28 AM

Good idea. It will leave the original post, Snibble's solution and nothing else.

As you originally suggested 8 months and 62 posts earlier :lol:

#634 mikevye

mikevye

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Boat Name:Hakuna Matata

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:53 AM

Is this a 5 minute argument or a 10 minute argument? Sorry times up!! No it isn't. Yes it is!! :lol:
Mike

All models over 18 years of age. No animals were harmed during the production of this product. Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, or events, past, present or future, is purely coincidental. Some names have been changed to protect the innocent. Batteries not included. If condition persists, consult your physician. Slippery when wet. Parental guidance advised. Always read the label. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue use. Please remain seated until the web page has come to a complete stop. If ingested, do not induce vomiting. May contain nuts. May be too intense for some viewers. In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control centre immediately. Products are not authorized for use as critical components in life support devices or systems. Objects in rear-view mirror may be behind you and closer than you think . Driver does not carry cash . No tools stored in van overnight . Baby on board . Hot drink - may be hot . Do not alight from moving train . Mind the gap .Other restrictions may apply.
!

#635 smileypete

smileypete

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

Don't forget the solution I proposed in this post (clicky)

cheers,
Pete.

#636 Smelly

Smelly

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,951 posts
  • Boat Name:Sudan

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:33 PM

Don't forget the solution I proposed in this post (clicky)

cheers,
Pete.

I've been powering the contactor solely from W since we did this and the contactor doesn't open when the voltage at the other alt rises above the domestic alt. As I'm now charging Vince's sealed batteries it will be difficult to replicate the .4V difference but, trust me, it's never opened, even when I've gone to the pub and forgotten the alts are paralleled for a couple of hours.

Also a drawback is that, certainly with my setup the tacho is driven from the service alt's W and if it stopped working surely the tacho would stop counting.
If I ever have to say "there's a big hole in the bottom" again, I'm moving back to Skelmersdale!

#637 Gibbo

Gibbo

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,090 posts
  • Boat Name:Lionheart No 2

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

Is this thread alive again?

Just buy the right kit to do it all for you :lol:
Gibbo

#638 smileypete

smileypete

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

I've been powering the contactor solely from W since we did this and the contactor doesn't open when the voltage at the other alt rises above the domestic alt. As I'm now charging Vince's sealed batteries it will be difficult to replicate the .4V difference but, trust me, it's never opened, even when I've gone to the pub and forgotten the alts are paralleled for a couple of hours.

If you want to get it working, it might be best to meet up with someone else from the forum who is good with this sort of stuff, and work on it as a team.

cheers,
Pete.

#639 Smelly

Smelly

Long Standing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,951 posts
  • Boat Name:Sudan

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

If you want to get it working, it might be best to meet up with someone else from the forum who is good with this sort of stuff, and work on it as a team.

cheers,
Pete.

For me at least, better than trying to go step by step...

But seriously, and with all due respect, there are buried within this thread concerns from mightier authorities than my humble self that W won't stop working...

Can I hand you up this shovel now. :lol:
If I ever have to say "there's a big hole in the bottom" again, I'm moving back to Skelmersdale!

#640 bluegreencanal

bluegreencanal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Boat Name:none at present

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

A bit of christmas holiday studying coming up. Note to self, keep glasses on the window sill with blue tack so I can find them when the batteries run out...
This is our Bluegreenworld, it goes around, it flows around...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users