Anthony 'M'

RichW

Featured Posts

Putting aside the obvious comments that are sure to be made when Anthony 'M' is mentioned.

Were his fitouts actually any good regarding their longevity or were they just pretty?

Was he any good regarding the technical side of things as well?

Rich

Putting aside the obvious comments that are sure to be made when Anthony 'M' is mentioned.

Were his fitouts actually any good regarding their longevity or were they just pretty?

Rich

From what I've seen his joinery was well above the standard of the average boat fitter.

Then again the quality of work, of the average boat fitter is pretty poor.

Apart from the fact that he personally is a lying cheating thieving scum-bag of the first order and I hope that he rots in hell

His fit outs were not to bad ..

However as we and others found out ..a lot of ANTHONY M's work was actually carried out by subbies

Frankly I do not care if I upset people ( But my apologies to Jon who has to host the forum who as always has the final word as do the mods )

anThONY WALKER is one of the biggest parasites to ever find and market boats in the inland waterways..another failed kitchen fitter who went bankrupt from two previous companies who through bullshit and clever PR conned a lot of people including US ( now much wiser thanks to his lies and deciet)

Chris and Lise

x n.b PYXIS

Hull built perfectly to spec by R.W.Davis..fit out never finished due to (edited) Walker

Wanna know more PM me or I will supply my phone number on open forum

Edited by me for typos and angst !

Edited by Baldock

Apart from the fact that he personally is a lying cheating thieving scum-bag of the first order and I hope that he rots in hell

However as we and others found out ..a lot of ANTHONY M's work was actually carried out by subbies

Frankly I do not care if I upset people ( But my apologies to Jon who has to host the forum who as always has the final word )

anThONY WALKER is one of the biggest parasites to ever find and market boats in the inland waterways..another failed kitchen fitter who went bankrupt from two previous companies who through bullshit and clever PR conned a lot of people including US ( now much wiser thanks to his lies and deciet)

Chris and Lise

x n.b PYXIS

Hull built perfectly to spec by R.W.Davis..fit out never finished due to tosser walker

Hey ho, not more scum on the cut? Am really sorry you had horrid time etc. Just goes to prove that whatever you you do, always do your research carefully and make sure you are dealing with a reputable company and talk to other customers etc etc.There are more "companies" out there than you would believe that don't quite add up to the full ticket. Caveat emptor!

D

Frankly I do not care if I upset people ( But my apologies to Jon who has to host the forum who as always has the final word )

Chris and Lise

x n.b PYXIS

Hull built perfectly to spec by R.W.Davis..fit out never finished due to tosser walker

Chris,

Come on - why not say what you really think :lol:

And, while you are at it, remember to take a quick look at your signature block . . .

Hey ho, not more scum on the cut? Am really sorry you had horrid time etc. Just goes to prove that whatever you you do, always do your research carefully and make sure you are dealing with a reputable company and talk to other customers etc etc.There are more "companies" out there than you would believe that don't quite add up to the full ticket. Caveat emptor!

D

Debbi when I get about 3 hours spare I will tell you about Mr Walkers ethical business practices !

Chris

Chris,

Come on - why not say what you really think :lol:

And, while you are at it, remember to take a quick look at your signature block . . .

Sorry Graham but certain issues still really hurt, and I do not want to see anybody else misguided by this pond life

As a moderator you have the right to amend and or delete my post this I accept...

Rich

He fitted out about 11 boats I think before he went tits up. Have a look around one and make your own judgement I would suggest - opening up cupboards and looking at the quality of joinery behind the immediate appearance is a recommendation I would make. But I would suggest you adopt that approach to boats built by any new boat company during the past ten years. :lol:

Debbi when I get about 3 hours spare I will tell you about Mr Walkers ethical business practices !

Chris

Sorry Graham but certain issues still really hurt, and I do not want to see anybody else misguided by this pond life

As a moderator you have the right to amend and or delete my post this I accept...

Chris,

First of all, I am truly sorry that you have had to go through such an experience, anyone of us new to narrow boats and the dream that is hoped for by having our own boat can easily be deceived by people that have got away with criminal activity for many years.

We are all wary of Double Glazing salesmen, People that can fix a roof or Tarmac a driveway, I guess we don't expect it from the canal boat builders!

Given the amount of "builders" that go out of business and then re-appear using another name, it is clear that they are immune to the heartache, pain and absolute devastation that they cause through their actions, on decent people.

It's about time that Forums (where prospective buyers will naturally go for advice) got their act together and thought of a way to help people, before they (the decent people looking to get onto the waterways) get themselves into situations that end up causing untold damage.

We have heard it many times before why the forum "Can't get involved, because it may bring a Lawsuit", That's ok, Let's do something constructive...

Why not have a thread/page/forum for "recommended boat builders, suppliers", decent people that can provide a decent SERVICE" ?

There are many people on here that can give good, honest constructive advice, let them be heard and I'm sure that the unscrupulous merchants won't last 5 minutes if they appear on this forum!

Over to you all now, I can't wait to see how newbies to the waterways might get some help from the experienced members of this excellent Forum.

Perhaps we should name those builders who collapse only to reopen again.

Tony Gallimore

Barry Hawkins.

Both have folded at least twice. Others will have additions I'm sure.

Then what about those who have bought new boats that have turned out to have huge problems? Let's name those too. I have no qualms about this as a broker because I am determined to be honest about the second hand boats I sell. I turned away a 2 year old Amber Boat on that basis last year. The insulation was rubbish, the woodwork was turning black in places.

Chris,

First of all, I am truly sorry that you have had to go through such an experience, anyone of us new to narrow boats and the dream that is hoped for by having our own boat can easily be deceived by people that have got away with criminal activity for many years.

We are all wary of Double Glazing salesmen, People that can fix a roof or Tarmac a driveway, I guess we don't expect it from the canal boat builders!

Given the amount of "builders" that go out of business and then re-appear using another name, it is clear that they are immune to the heartache, pain and absolute devastation that they cause through their actions, on decent people.

It's about time that Forums (where prospective buyers will naturally go for advice) got their act together and thought of a way to help people, before they (the decent people looking to get onto the waterways) get themselves into situations that end up causing untold damage.

We have heard it many times before why the forum "Can't get involved, because it may bring a Lawsuit", That's ok, Let's do something constructive...

Why not have a thread/page/forum for "recommended boat builders, suppliers", decent people that can provide a decent SERVICE" ?

There are many people on here that can give good, honest constructive advice, let them be heard and I'm sure that the unscrupulous merchants won't last 5 minutes if they appear on this forum!

Over to you all now, I can't wait to see how newbies to the waterways might get some help from the experienced members of this excellent Forum.

Good idea, but it would need to be accessable without a search though, as newbies, those that need it most, might not find it even in the 'search' i.e. what would you 'search' for to get the correct thread?

Perhaps someone with better knowledge than me [not difficult] :lol: of how it all works here, can advise.

Edited to add. DominicM's posted whilst still writing mine so,

How about both Good & Bad, bad, so if you are considering someone on the list you can cross em off, but Good so if looking you can go straight to them.

Edited by johnjo

The problem I see is this....

A couple of years back, a boat fitter, who used quality bought in shells, fitted boats for two different people who were members on here.

One new owner complained of major problems almost immediately after delivery, and it all got very public, (although I must admit I don't know the eventual outcome).

The other new owner said they had had no such problems, and considered their boat well fitted.

So do you record that boat fitter as good, or as bad ?

On the one hand, the difference may have been no more that one owner understood the need to heat and ventilate his new boat correctly, but that the other one did not.

But on the other hand, perhaps the fitter did one boat well, but was having difficulties, and fouled up the other.

I find it hard to know how you can get an objective assessment,

A couple of years back, a boat fitter, who used quality bought in shells, fitted boats for two different people who were members on here.

One new owner complained of major problems almost immediately after delivery, and it all got very public, (although I must admit I don't know the eventual outcome).

The other new owner said they had had no such problems, and considered their boat well fitted.

On the one hand, the difference may have been no more that one owner understood the need to heat and ventilate his new boat correctly, but that the other one did not.

But on the other hand, perhaps the fitter did one boat well, but was having difficulties, and fouled up the other.

Just a suggestion but, if enough people complain about one in particular and the complaints are from respected members then would that not suffice and vice versa?

Good idea, but it would need to be accessable without a search though, as newbies, those that need it most, might not find it even in the 'search' i.e. what would you 'search' for to get the correct thread?

Perhaps someone with better knowledge than me [not difficult] :lol: of how it all works here, can advise.

Edited to add. DominicM's posted whilst still writing mine so,

How about both Good & Bad, bad, so if you are considering someone on the list you can cross em off, but Good so if looking you can go straight to them.

I do think a forum like this could provide the "boat test" that magazines fail to provide - because it would be genuine rather than bothered about the advertising revenue. But it would need to confine itself to quality of build and not become mired in arguments about whether a bow cassette porthole pump out window thruster with twin gas free alternating isolation life transforming diesel stove (I've just removed one - a nightmare :lol: ) was or was not essential.

Buyers of new boats could tell us how their boat fared after 12 or 24 months. To avoid libel concerns, if their views were deeply critical, they could be backed up by photos and/or surveyors' reports.

If the boat owner was seriously aggrieved, then an independent surveyor should have been commissioned, and their report quoted.

Edited by Dominic M

I do think a forum like this could provide the "boat test" that magazines fail to provide - because it would be genuine rather than bothered about the advertising revenue. But it would need to confine itself to quality of build and not become mired in arguments about whether a bow cassette porthole pump out window thruster with twin gas free alternating isolation life transforming diesel stove (I've just removed one - a nightmare :lol: ) was or was not essential.

Buyers of new boats could tell us how their boat fared after 12 or 24 months. To avoid libel concerns, if their views were deeply critical, they could be backed up by photos and/or surveyors' reports.

If the boat owner was seriously aggrieved, then an independent surveyor should have been commissioned, and their report quoted.

I have suggested to a well known magazine that they may like to do OLD boat tests...but they said people would not be interested.

More the case that the advertisers would not be interested.

I have suggested to a well known magazine that they may like to do OLD boat tests...but they said people would not be interested.

More the case that the advertisers would not be interested.

Money from advertising rules in the waterways rag world, the first time they were critical of a boatbuilder that would be in jeopardy.

They don't to my memory do critical or bad reviews ever do they?

On re-reading my last post this morning I realised that instead of "good at fitting out" I had written "goof at fitting out", which may be appropriate in the circumstances!

But I'm still puzzled as to the origin of this thread. It's obvious that one or two people don't like Anthony at all. What was the particular incident which annoyed them?

Interesting to see Tony Gallimore's name up there. I knew him and his partner (John?) slightly a few years ago. They ran Measham Boats which had a very good reputation for high-quality steelwork. I seem to remember that they also took over "Harry the Stretcher"s old premises in Nuneaton and they seemed to be doing very nicely. Should I infer that the company has closed down? That would be a pity.

I was affraid that would be the response my post would get.

I sympathise will those that where done wrong by Anthony 'M' but my enquiry is was because we are interested in a secondhand boat fitted out by the above.

The photographs look lovely but I want to know if this was only skin deep. It is at the other end of the country to where I live so a bit of back ground knowledge would be good.

Rich

I was affraid that would be the response my post would get.

I sympathise will those that where done wrong by Anthony 'M' but my enquiry is was because we are interested in a secondhand boat fitted out by the above.

The photographs look lovely but I want to know if this was only skin deep. It is at the other end of the country to where I live so a bit of back ground knowledge would be good.

Rich

Hmm, but still no clues as to what Anthony has done to upset people, as he seems to have done. Someone must know!

Incidentally I just, out of interest, looked at Measham Boats and Tony gallimore on the internet. Measham Boats still seem to be trading, I guess Tony must have sold the company, but I was shocked to read under Tony Gallimore Boats the words "Company in Liquidation". Tony seemed a nice fellow and he doesn't seem to be having much luck. I recall that he had problems with an employee diverting funds from MB into their own pockets. has anyone else heard that rumour?

Hmm, but still no clues as to what Anthony has done to upset people, as he seems to have done. Someone must know!

Try talking to Chris (Baldock) - that is, after you have scraped him off the ceiling at the very mention of that 'A' name . . .

Jon heavily edited this thread about the man but you'll get the gist:

Clicky

Ah, the old trick of taking a new customer's deposit and using it to fund a previous customer's order. It surely catches up with most people in the end.

Has Anthony started up again under a different name? And what about Tony Gallimore, I hope he's doing OK.

Ah, the old trick of taking a new customer's deposit and using it to fund a previous customer's order. It surely catches up with most people in the end.

Has Anthony started up again under a different name? And what about Tony Gallimore, I hope he's doing OK.

It seems he can be found here-

http://www.wtnbc.co.uk/id14.html