hexagrip resin board

Featured Posts

• 1 month later...
hi all thanks for info tried both still aint beaten price i got from local boatyard so fair play to them didnt realise 8 x 4 sheet was so pricey ,i guess they get a good price buying in bulk

vince

Hey vince, what local boatyard is this as we're just about to embark on a refurb project and will need some hexagrip board for our cruiser stern... We live in oxford too :rolleyes:

Edited by Justyn

Unfortunately the board I get arrives in 4000 x 1900mm sheets! I used to get it from The Oxford Canal Boat Company nr. Bicester.
Are you sure, in nearly 30 years working in the construction industry I've never seen board anywhere near that size, I dont think that there is a van built that would take it!Tim
Unfortunately the board I get arrives in 4000 x 1900mm sheets! I used to get it from The Oxford Canal Boat Company nr. Bicester.
Are you sure, in nearly 30 years working in the construction industry I've never seen board anywhere near that size, I dont think that there is a van built that would take it!Tim

Are you sure, in nearly 30 years working in the construction industry I've never seen board anywhere near that size, I dont think that there is a van built that would take it!TimAre you sure, in nearly 30 years working in the construction industry I've never seen board anywhere near that size, I dont think that there is a van built that would take it!Tim

These boards are specially made, in black check and very expensive; just thought The size may have helped with searching the internet.

Well I just tried myself and it did'nt! Although I checked with annother supplier just now and can get the hexgrip board, but only in brown and size....4x8. So it can be transported flat!

Tho personally, I usualy supply this as a fitted back deck.

Try a commercial vehicle body build supplier, like Jaggers or Commercail Body Fittings and the like.

This stuff is used exstensively in the industry and sells for about £30-£35 an 8 x 4 sheet. Its known as Wizi Deck or Pheonal coated ply, comes is a variety of thickness'.

If you have any difficulty let me know and I'll try and help. :rolleyes:

One strange property of this board is that altough it has reasonably good non-slip properties for humans, our dogs found it impossible to get a grip when it was wet, and I had to glue a couple of small pieces of Astroturf doormat at the edges, othersie the dogs kept falling int the cut when they tried to jump ashore.

Avon Plywood in Keynsham (between Bristol and Bath) used to sell it. A bit far from Oxford but others might find it useful , they also used to sell half sheets for small jobs (10% supplement)

Edited by David Schweizer

Also as an aside, if anyone has any off cut bits in the cheshire/staffordshire area they no longer want, ive been saying should get around to putting a top on out coal bunker (at home) for nearly as long now as i had been saying i'd build the thing in the first place, maybe 6 years ago! But a peice of resin board would be ideal at the right price, ie, not a full sheet.

Daniel

Also as an aside, if anyone has any off cut bits in the cheshire/staffordshire area they no longer want, ive been saying should get around to putting a top on out coal bunker (at home) for nearly as long now as i had been saying i'd build the thing in the first place, maybe 6 years ago! But a peice of resin board would be ideal at the right price, ie, not a full sheet.

Daniel

What size do you need?

May have a bit here :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
........ and sells for about £30-£35 an 8 x 4 sheet. ..............If you have any difficulty let me know and I'll try and help. :D

Is this an up-to-date price? I've just been quoted £99 for an 8' x 4' x 18mm sheet !

David

Is this an up-to-date price? I've just been quoted £99 for an 8' x 4' x 18mm sheet !

David

not been on for awhile but as an answer to where i got mine from i paid 80 quid cash tfor mine from heyford narrowboats 01869 340348 he just had a delivery of them at the time ,8x4 18mm,thats the cheapest i found it for at the time