Buying a new boiler

Posted by britishgas-man, 08 August 2011 · 157 views

I thought my first entry shgould be about something I know about so I thought a quick guide on buying a new boiler might help some of you on the site.

First of all look at your current system and your heating and hot water requirements. Unless you have it is generally not a good idea to change your whole system. For example, changing from a system boiler to a combi maybe more trouble and money than it is worth.

If you are not bothered by a bit of inconvenience and you live in a flat with one bathroom go for a combi. They are very popular nowadays are great for homes with small hot water requirement.

System boilers on the other hand are good for families with larger hot water requirements.

Always get a couple of quotes for a new boiler and make sure they are Gas Safe registered engineers and not some cowboy trying his luck.

Be sure to look up the price of the boiler you have been quoted for online and even post the quote online to see what other people think.

A new boiler can last many years and cost thousands so make sure you get the best one you can afford perferably from a trusted brand with guarantees.

For a first entry this is very misleading and vague. The modern combi boiler can cope very well with a families needs, as with all combi's it is down to getting the right size boiler for the demands of the household. As for system boilers how does this comment make sense as a system boiler is just a regular boiler doing away with the need for a feed and expansion tank, its what hot water system you add to it that determins the hot water usage. How many domestic boilers do you know that cost thousands, the biggest I know cost just under 2. Sorry if I sound a grumpy old man but this is a subject I feel very strongley about and Jo public need honest and correct talk.
claudia i agree with your comments aswell! he also failed to mention that if you are having a new boiler not to be tempted by a plumber who can fit one for under 1000 because its likely the boiler is "a B&Q special" (technical term from the gas industry) and will be more hassle in the long term with having to get it fixed possably once a month because it was built so cheap and the parts aren't substancial enough to cope with any demands

September 2014

S M T W T F S
 1 2 3456

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories