Blisworth to Pitstone

Posted by bargeeboy, 24 September 2010 · 134 views

What a relief to awaken just before light and no rain. That meant we were clear of Stoke by 9 and batting round the pound when I notice the auto bilge pump working overtime. Thought is was the rain water draining through and thought no more of it. Around Castlethorpe thought I should take a further look and discovered that the bottom engine water pipe from the pump to the cylingder was leaking badly and squirting in a direction that I was unable to see when normally oiling up. I took the steelsons and have the big inch and a half nut a turn and guess what it leaked more !
Leave it alone and wait until Cosgrove Lock. Whilst in lock I duly tried again and yes it broke !

Posted Image

Lucy arrived back from the caravan park stores with real food ingredients at the same time as young David arrived fresh from getting Kangaroo and Australia back to Grendon. I sent Matts back to the stores for spare parts and Emu put us on a line.

Posted Image

Narrowcraft Express Bolinder Spare delivery service came upo trumps and arround Simson a 'new' pipe arrived. I fired up just before Fenny lock and we made haste having taken 5 hours round the pound. This put us behind and it was arround 9 when we tied at Pitstone and took advantage of the Tring Chinese Food delivery service.

October 2014

S M T W T F S
1920 21 22232425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments