Boat Fire Tragedy In Stone

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

From the BBC Web site:

A woman in her 50s has died after she was rescued from a canal boat fire, West Midlands Ambulance Service said.

The fire service said the barge was moored on the Trent and Mersey Canal, near the Star Inn, in Stone.

The ambulance service said it was called at about 02:10 this morning.

Firefighters had started CPR when paramedics arrived, but the woman, who was found in cardiac arrest, was confirmed dead at the scene.

A dog also died as a result of the incident

Edited by Athy

Can I just say that although it has not been said publicly yet who the victim is, they are someone known to I suspect quite a few of us.

Could we please try to avoid too much speculation about the circumstances of this tragic incident, because there will undoubtedly be some reading this thread who could be upset by such discussion.

We are quite shocked, having literally been with the woman concerned only 2 days ago.

16 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Can I just say that although it has not been said publicly yet who the victim is, they are someone known to I suspect quite a few of us.

Could we please try to avoid too much speculation about the circumstances of this tragic incident, because there will undoubtedly be some reading this thread who could be upset by such discussion.

We are quite shocked, having literally been with the woman concerned only 2 days ago.

Yes of course Alan. I have edited my comment and urge other members to show restraint too. In fact, I think we had better lock the thread to avoid what could be distressing speculation or comment.

Edited by Athy